Gloves...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody run across Reima gloves. Had 2 sets since late 90's. Just retired them this year after the big rain event in Revy. Goretex no longer any good but boy were they sweet gloves for alot of years. Not sure if they are still in business?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a lighter glove, I like the Fox Thermalpaw or Motorfist. Warm enough, and great dexterity. When it's COLD, I usually wear an FXR leather glove, or a ski-doo branded gauntlet that they haven't made since the late 90's...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a glove I am blown away with. Probably have over $1000 worth of gloves in my bag. I find they are all sponges. Everything else aside, the klims are the ones I like the most. As many have said though they do fall apart.

Klim - nice glove but they come apart easily
Klim powercross - drive me nuts because as soon as your hands are a bit damp you cant get them on because the liners get all screwed up.
Motorfist - just a little too bulky for me
TNA powderstorms - nice gloves but get absolutely soaked. But still stay fairly warm even when wet. The liners have come apart a couple of times.

The next glove I try will probably be a non sled focused glove to see if there are better out there.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the rest of you fellas i typically carry up 3 or 4 pairs. Pair of the heavy high wrist Klim with the glove in liner, super warm for up and down or anytime hands get cold.. Then i switch up between a few different pairs of moto style gloves once up playing. i like to have the solid grip on the bars with light gloves but find i have the warmers on, get stuck and b/c my gloves are hot snow melts on the palms and they get wet quick so change out a couple times a day.

Be really nice to have a setup on the sled for drying goggles and gloves.. Tempted to fire a set of gloves into The Thing cooker and do a couple pulls. See if i can dry them out.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I start the day out with a 4 year old pair of Klim Powercross for up the trail. They are beat up with holes in them but still work great. I then switch to a lighter Motorfist glove which are the best gloves im yet to find (or own I should say). I also have a new set of klim powercross which I hate to death and wish I could get my money back. they switched the style up from my 4yr old pair. They now have a crappy liner that pulls out and the palms are a type of leather that freezes up with ice. Junk Klim has sold out in my books. My opinion.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Called Martin to see if they had any of the BRP Highmark in stock to go try on, and aparently ALL their winter gear is in storage "6 stories off the ground" now. Nice! WTF Trent. Help a brother out. LOL My buddy wanted to FULLY outfit himself too. Probably 2K worth of gear he was ready to buy and the sales person told him to call Riverside and Argyll Motorsports. Crazy! Winter isn't over by a long shot. A little disappointed to say the least.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hestra, nothing even comes close....

Which model do you wear?

Check out the Hestra gloves, alpine pro or alpine category. Nice gloves. Have a pair of czones they are good for everyday riding, also have a pair of the fault guide gloves for cold days on the trail up and down. Good quality stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about trying these, any experience with them?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called Martin to see if they had any of the BRP Highmark in stock to go try on, and aparently ALL their winter gear is in storage "6 stories off the ground" now. Nice! WTF Trent. Help a brother out. LOL My buddy wanted to FULLY outfit himself too. Probably 2K worth of gear he was ready to buy and the sales person told him to call Riverside and Argyll Motorsports. Crazy! Winter isn't over by a long shot. A little disappointed to say the least.

How dare you insinuate that Martins has done or would ever do anything wrong??? You must be new to the site.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Winter isn't over but the winter selling season is by a dealers perspective, only so many sq ft available and MOST peoples focus is changing to boating, camping, quadding and sxsing, it sucks for the consumer who needs gear late in the season for sure, but dealers can't leave all their product on their shelves.

Look at Walmart or Canadian Tire for example, how long have they had their seasonal stuff switched over to Spring Planting/BBQing/Yard Maintenance...... same deal

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winter isn't over but the winter selling season is by a dealers perspective, only so many sq ft available and MOST peoples focus is changing to boating, camping, quadding and sxsing, it sucks for the consumer who needs gear late in the season for sure, but dealers can't leave all their product on their shelves.

Look at Walmart or Canadian Tire for example, how long have they had their seasonal stuff switched over to Spring Planting/BBQing/Yard Maintenance...... same deal
Canadian tire would get it out of warehouse for you! Have done on more than one occasion!

Nikm17

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried ortovox gloves? I saw some at a dealer this year and they felt like some of the most comfortable gloves I've tried on in a store. They are a thinner glove so should give good grip and they claim waterproof but so do most gloves. I was really tempted to try a pair but they're definitely not cheap, figured I'd try and find some reviews on them before I tried them

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hestra, nothing even comes close....

We ride the Hestra guide glove (wish it had a longer cuff but this is till my favored glove) the the Hestra helli pro. I also have 2 pair of Klim gloves that have been great gloves as well.
The nice thing about the Hestra gloves we use is you just treat them with good leather grease and they are bomb proof. I get around 4000km on a set as well.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watsons Gel Cell mechanics gloves. You guys have got to start thinking outside of the box. I used to use water ski gloves years ago until they wore out. They were great because they were still warm when wet.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both of these ripped in the same spot first day riding. I will be contacting Motorfist next week for warranty. I bought a pair of Mechanix gloves from Peavey Mart that are honestly as good or better for 2.5x less$$$

chris79

Reaction score
We ride the Hestra guide glove (wish it had a longer cuff but this is till my favored glove) the the Hestra helli pro. I also have 2 pair of Klim gloves that have been great gloves as well.
The nice thing about the Hestra gloves we use is you just treat them with good leather grease and they are bomb proof. I get around 4000km on a set as well.

Thanks Andy for putting me onto these gloves last year, really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya, but you can buy friggin' hockey crap off the shelf all year! :p

Top Bottom