Getting your PAL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I decided to get my PAL. Many of the places are booked till January and a few I checked are not offering the courses due to covid. I found one with and opening for Dec 2, and grabbed it right away. Its from 9 - 5 for the first portion. Its out of fort Saskatchewan. https://www.actionfirearmsafetytraining.ca/

Is it recommended to take both courses, the non-restricted and the restricted. The second course is on Dec 3 and I was thinking about booking it as well. Its only 1/2 day.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would as it’s only another 1/2 day .
I did mine years ago and haven’t used it but at least I have if I want to buy something and us it legally

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still just challenge the tests I remember books were free online and then challenging them in Canadian tire parking lot some old guys RV? Or are you actually going because you want the information I guess that makes sense too. I challenged both years ago I agree better to have it than not. I find actually owning the restricted stuff has become such a pain it’s not worth it unless it’s something you really enjoy going to ranges ect.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the restricted, my wife and I both have the RPAL but we do not own one. Unfortunately Its a pain in the butt to own a restricted firearm anyway in my area, closest gun club is in Hinton and Whitecourt.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
That video I posted explained a lot to me. I'll take both and probably stay with the non-restricted as it looks to be a real pain to get restricted. And as the guy says you go buy the gun and leave it there with your info. You must be active in a gun club and it is for competition only and have a valid up to date membership that is confirmed. Do not say that its to protect your household he says, your instantly red flagged.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't regret getting both on the same weekend. Second day is only a half day and everything is fresh in your mind for the day 2 test. You may decide at some point you want a hand gun per say then you have to go back, take the course and wait. I still think if you have possession of a gun there is a chance of grandfathering the possession as opposed to never having that chance. Get it while you still can is what I would say.

pizalm

Reaction score
I never took my restricted and regret it. One more day to take it and then you have it.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hand guns are only fun when u shoot them where and when u want
which isnt allowed if your in canada
I only have my pal for that reason

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my days at my local range. Its 2.5 miles from my house so I rarely even shoot on my farm land. Backboards, berms and cement tables to shoot off. Nothing wrong with range shooting IMO.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the restricted, my wife and I both have the RPAL but we do not own one. Unfortunately Its a pain in the butt to own a restricted firearm anyway in my area, closest gun club is in Hinton and Whitecourt.

Ya but every now and again a burglar may give you the opportunity to squeeze a round off!

Get the RPAL for sure.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Licenses only give them a better chance to find you, restricted or not. Since sock boy has basically took our rights away to shoot any gun that might be intimidating he has taken the fun right out of shooting.

Top Bottom