getting tired of doo

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what design flaw you're talking about. Tons of other people have etecs with more miles and haven't had the big issue you claim so if it was the design then everyone else should be suffering also. The drive shafts on the '08 XP's and '13 RMK's were design flaws. The motor on the early ptek's was a design flaw. Your sled sounds like an unlucky lemon that your ****ty dealer won't support you on.

not sure if it is all the dealers fault!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2400km on my 2013 xm x 163" And i have 2 out of your 4 problems with mine. I had to get my warmers replaced cause they burnt out. As well as the coolant leaks. As long as you keep your coolant topped off these problems are a pain but minor very minor. Only other problem i had was stripped inner clogs on the drivers but was replaced full warranty. All in all 10x less problems then my 2012 arctic cat pro climb 1100t. You win some you lose some unfortunately there are lemons in every brand.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quebec construction corruption. Move the manufacturing to Malaysia - they seem to know what they are doing.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are lemons and good ones in every brand, the pro had a bad name for issue's once they lightened everything up. i have a 13 pro that has never seen the shop i was worried with all the driveshaft, belt drive and engine issue's but mine hasnt seen the shop since i picked it up knock on wood.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2700k and problem free ......the highlow dimmer died on me but martins fixed it no problem. As far as coolant i had a bit leak on the deck when it came from revy +5 to home -30 thats just expansion and contraction i check my fluids before every trip anyway only topped coolant up once.

im comming of off a m7 that was pretty much problem free in the 5 years i rode it ....i just take care of my ****

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what design flaw you're talking about. Tons of other people have etecs with more miles and haven't had the big issue you claim so if it was the design then everyone else should be suffering also. The drive shafts on the '08 XP's and '13 RMK's were design flaws. The motor on the early ptek's was a design flaw. Your sled sounds like an unlucky lemon that your ****ty dealer won't support you on.

you may be right I love the ride just not the trips to the dealer

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty issues... Use it!!
Biggest thing I found with the dealers and bombardier is they fight you on every warranty issue, my first motor with my XP they accused me of not maintaining it, carbs weren't clean, intake was off. I'd had picked the damn thing up from the same frickin dealer service manager 3 days prior from having a maintance that they had charged me $550 for.
When the bolt broke in my Xm same issue even though I took it back to the same dealer that had did the maint first words out of his mouth geez if had got the maint done this would not happen, pulled the invoice out that he had given me from 2 weeks before, his response was well must be abuse, as I told him the ****ing bolt head sheared off how the hell is it abuse. That fricken did it for me with Doo dealers and their arrogant attitudes. Am I bitter towards Bombardier and some of their dealers yes, not saying all are bad, I am just done with them.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing I found with the dealers and bombardier is they fight you on every warranty issue, my first motor with my XP they accused me of not maintaining it, carbs weren't clean, intake was off. I'd had picked the damn thing up from the same frickin dealer service manager 3 days prior from having a maintance that they had charged me $550 for.
When the bolt broke in my Xm same issue even though I took it back to the same dealer that had did the maint first words out of his mouth geez if had got the maint done this would not happen, pulled the invoice out that he had given me from 2 weeks before, his response was well must be abuse, as I told him the ****ing bolt head sheared off how the hell is it abuse. That fricken did it for me with Doo dealers and their arrogant attitudes. Am I bitter towards Bombardier and some of their dealers yes, not saying all are bad, I am just done with them.

wow! thats a dealer I wouldnt step foot in ever again! care to PM me the name?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My 13 xm was flawless untill mid february this year. About 2200km. Since then its been to the dealer 4 times. It seems to be dropping a cylinder then bogging real bad then it will come back to life then die all together. Fire back up and go again. First issue was an injector had failed, second issue we found was the fly wheel had started to come apart. This past weekend it completely died so maybe no we can figure out what the actual problem is as its getting very frustrating. My dealer has been awsome going as far as pulling a fly wheel off one of thier personal machines as they were back ordered. BRP has been great also as there has been no fighting getting waranty on any of this and they even replaced the stator in case the fly wheel had damaged it. Yesterday I called the BRP VIP line that you get when you snowcheck and they were very helpfull. They opened up a file on the machine and now my dealer is speaking to the head tech's at BRP to figure out the problem. I was told once the problem is figured out BRP will be working on some type of compensation for me as I have missed some epic days due to this issue. I guess we will see what that comes down to but anything is etter than nothing. My wifes 14 has been great other than the rear axle falling out at 200km but that has been fixed. I will be snowchecking a 15 174 and cant wait. I do hope i get my issues figured out as there is so much snow left in the hills we will be riding until mid july this year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My 13 xm was flawless untill mid february this year. About 2200km. Since then its been to the dealer 4 times. It seems to be dropping a cylinder then bogging real bad then it will come back to life then die all together. Fire back up and go again. First issue was an injector had failed, second issue we found was the fly wheel had started to come apart. This past weekend it completely died so maybe no we can figure out what the actual problem is as its getting very frustrating. My dealer has been awsome going as far as pulling a fly wheel off one of thier personal machines as they were back ordered. BRP has been great also as there has been no fighting getting waranty on any of this and they even replaced the stator in case the fly wheel had damaged it. Yesterday I called the BRP VIP line that you get when you snowcheck and they were very helpfull. They opened up a file on the machine and now my dealer is speaking to the head tech's at BRP to figure out the problem. I was told once the problem is figured out BRP will be working on some type of compensation for me as I have missed some epic days due to this issue. I guess we will see what that comes down to but anything is etter than nothing. My wifes 14 has been great other than the rear axle falling out at 200km but that has been fixed. I will be snowchecking a 15 174 and cant wait. I do hope i get my issues figured out as there is so much snow left in the hills we will be riding until mid july this year.

We are coming up to 2000km on my wife's 2013XMX and it has been flawless. The 2014XMX coming up to 2000km has been flawless and the T-Motion recall for the rear wheels was done before they fell out. I have been a happy camper with all of my/our sleds starting in 2008. Yes, the '08 had some growing pains but they were handled very well by the dealer (I sure miss that scenario). My purchases in 2010, 2012, 3 in 2013 and one last year with the 2014 have been bullet proof and ran exceptional. All dealer serviced and recalls done when required. I like drinking the DooLaide....:d

I definitely agree, there is a lot of snow in the hills and we will be riding late this year.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
after 10 years og bliss on various cats i bought a 2013 xm 154 last january initially it was awesome put about 1200km on it last winter with no issues last year. this year nothing but grief if its cold out it leaks coolant, if conditions are good it bogs because of a weak exhauest temp sensor three sets of handle bar warmers later theyre both burnt out and today i snapped the handle bars in waste deep pow now stuff happens but every issue i have i send in under waranty and get the sled back and nothings fixed tightened clamp still leake coolant when cold, changed sensor still bogs same code, change grip heaters last a couple ride like wtf really never had these issues with cat the xm is fun to ride but overall its a pos never snapped bars before in my life and i rode mx for years

Im going to go out on a limb here and guess you bought a 2013 SP and didnt get any updates done.... Your exuast sensors..... Thats warranty and there is an update for it. Im going to GUESS you have a 2013 SP with the bars they drilled through to mount the mountain bar and it broke where one of the holes were drilled..... In which there is also an update for... And your handle bar warmers... Three sets... You need a better mechanic.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
One should NEVER (get tired of doo) cause you just have to refresh with some more.....

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    61 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom