Spark Plugs

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the plugs foul on them on the Gen 4s? I had one of mine go on my XM and almost got stuck out in the backcountry cause i believed the "you never need plugs" thing. Granted they did end up changing the plug after that. doubt there is a problem here but ever since getting out of breakin i do hear a short bog sound from time to time. again probably nothing but i dont want a repeat issue like last time.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my xm's from new to 5000 plus km, stock plugs

Actually the one xm had two break in modes on second plugs, still has them same plugs

Never brought spares, cause it's just about impossible to do them, without special tools

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait till you see the new turbo Jeff. You ain't changing those in 15 minutes.
Haha or two hours.. in the shop... I thought the XM was a pain. Haha nope they are easy compared to the eight fiddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im trying very hard not to be negative about this but o my god who goes into the Bush with no spare plugs. Didn't anybody tell you u need gas plugs and tools at the very least

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy tire plug socket and a adjustable wrench.
Worryingly about indexing and proper torque is that last thing id be concerned about on a sled trip especially on the hill.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic? I was going to mill a deep wobble 5/8 for the tunnel bag....
Here's a pic from on line
5e8593ebe2a1f46c3a244a864dd7fdd0.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800 etec needed a plug socket with a cutout, is this not required anymore?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800 etec needed a plug socket with a cutout, is this not required anymore?
All I ever used on the 800 was the spark plug socket in the tool kit that came on sled

Changed 850 plugs last night with standard spark plug socket and gear wrench.It was easy and took about 30 min including removing and replacing the bodywork

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think about it plugs seem to be the weakest link for on hill repairs and Doo buries them in a place where most peeps would just say fawk it and get a tow or call in a Huey. I'd love to see the engineers on the hill in -20 and change plugs. Be a learning experience for alot of them I'm sure.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think about it plugs seem to be the weakest link for on hill repairs and Doo buries them in a place where most peeps would just say fawk it and get a tow or call in a Huey. I'd love to see the engineers on the hill in -20 and change plugs. Be a learning experience for alot of them I'm sure.

Ya I didn't mind it in the garage with the tunes and a beer but wouldn't want to do it in the cold with it getting dark. quite the tight space to get your hand in there

Top Bottom