getting tired of doo

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after 10 years og bliss on various cats i bought a 2013 xm 154 last january initially it was awesome put about 1200km on it last winter with no issues last year. this year nothing but grief if its cold out it leaks coolant, if conditions are good it bogs because of a weak exhauest temp sensor three sets of handle bar warmers later theyre both burnt out and today i snapped the handle bars in waste deep pow now stuff happens but every issue i have i send in under waranty and get the sled back and nothings fixed tightened clamp still leake coolant when cold, changed sensor still bogs same code, change grip heaters last a couple ride like wtf really never had these issues with cat the xm is fun to ride but overall its a pos never snapped bars before in my life and i rode mx for years

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after 10 years og bliss on various cats i bought a 2013 xm 154 last january initially it was awesome put about 1200km on it last winter with no issues last year. this year nothing but grief if its cold out it leaks coolant, if conditions are good it bogs because of a weak exhauest temp sensor three sets of handle bar warmers later theyre both burnt out and today i snapped the handle bars in waste deep pow now stuff happens but every issue i have i send in under waranty and get the sled back and nothings fixed tightened clamp still leake coolant when cold, changed sensor still bogs same code, change grip heaters last a couple ride like wtf really never had these issues with cat the xm is fun to ride but overall its a pos never snapped bars before in my life and i rode mx for years

Maxwell will be here shortly to fix all your problems.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Apparently you can get higher resale value so take advantage of it while you can.....mind you, you paid more up front......:dontknow:

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:
Hmmmm.....
After reading all the other threads on here about the xm you must have a knock off with xm Decals because the are the superior machine!!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na. Haven't had a single issue with the many many we've had through our group. But there is always the problematic ones out there it seems
I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

With all doo respect the coolant leak exhaust sensor issues and heated grip issues are well known and documented I took a leap of faith buying this pos as I never buy first gen anything I wouldn't complain if they could fix it but f me I bring it to cocchrane for repair hour away wait a week get it back sme **** sorry but these sleds r **** wanted to keep it one more year as I wanted yammy to work out the bugs with the viper but with epic days on the line I might have to jhump ship

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to find a better mechanic. What you are describing are minor problems. Except the handlebars. How stuck were you?

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fyi been sleding since I was knee high to a grass hopper not brand biased like sleds that work could care less of the make just know when I spend 14k on a machine don't want wreked days till afyter the 3000km. Mark Period

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all doo respect the coolant leak exhaust sensor issues and heated grip issues are well known and documented I took a leap of faith buying this pos as I never buy first gen anything I wouldn't complain if they could fix it but f me I bring it to cocchrane for repair hour away wait a week get it back sme **** sorry but these sleds r **** wanted to keep it one more year as I wanted yammy to work out the bugs with the viper but with epic days on the line I might have to jhump ship

Jump ship then:rolleyes:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to find a better mechanic. What you are describing are minor problems. Except the handlebars. How stuck were you?

Wasn't stuck dropped a bowl met up with lost soldiers ripped back up to grab the last guy hit a lip landed bam in all fairness jumped this thing big since day one but never snapped bars before one steering post but fudge it was deep should of never let go hit table tops my whole life and nvr snapped bars before

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jump ship then:rolleyes:

Might b time you have issues with exhaust tepm sensor? That's the biggest problem clibming out sketchy **** bla bog now I'm really in danger try to mitigate risk and keep to ridges then your pos sled bogs and your stuck in hell not cool

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might b time you have issues with exhaust tepm sensor? That's the biggest problem clibming out sketchy **** bla bog now I'm really in danger try to mitigate risk and keep to ridges then your pos sled bogs and your stuck in hell not cool

I got 6000km+ on my 14 freeride,,, no isues. think you got a lemon bro...

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't stuck dropped a bowl met up with lost soldiers ripped back up to grab the last guy hit a lip landed bam in all fairness jumped this thing big since day one but never snapped bars before one steering post but fudge it was deep should of never let go hit table tops my whole life and nvr snapped bars before

Maybe you need explain the problem better to the dealer - your posts run on and are hard to decipher. Not saying there isn't problems but sounds like you ride like you write.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 6000km+ on my 14 freeride,,, no isues. think you got a lemon bro...

rode it last half of last year with zero isues now its a pos it is good in revy get it in fernie where bag the stuff out of it in the pm and it falls apart no joke loved it last year but man its been a headache this season did what u are doing a few years ago in golden with my 10 m8 and never had a problem
r

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need explain the problem better to the dealer - your posts run on and are hard to decipher. Not saying there isn't problems but sounds like you ride like you write.

come out I will show you how I ride

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said, i have 1400km on mine and it hasn't seen the inside of a dealership for other than recalls.

read above LAST HALF OF LAST YEaR SAME hope you have better luck next year then I did this year

PJ440x

Reaction score
Fyi been sleding since I was knee high to a grass hopper not brand biased like sleds that work could care less of the make just know when I spend 14k on a machine don't want wreked days till afyter the 3000km. Mark Period

I think everyone on here has rode a sled since they were knee high.. And I here you on the not having any issues till after 3000kms so do you think a Cat or Pro are trouble free up to 3000kms? Or cause you bought the first year of an XM that had some minor issues that they are not fixed in years 14' and 15'? I also had a 13' XM and realize you may have a couple of hiccups buying the first year, which you also realized when buying it.

I think Yamaha is the sled for you as they are by far the most reliable sled out there but why are they not the most popular sled out there? Weird hey? Too expensive maybe lol.

Top Bottom