German pilot crashes plane

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Who wants to fly with this kind of stuff going on? How do you know you can trust the people in control? How do such crazy people get in positions to do these kinds of things? WOW!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the life of me I can't understand why these people who want to die feel it necessary to take innocent lives with them. So sad and horrific considering the pilot was pounding on the door to be let back in. Cant imagine what would have gone thru their minds.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scary shhtuff for sure. Apparently, the captain has a way to get in, but this time the copilot kept re-locking the door on the pilot. I think there's now four suspected cases of similar pilot suicides, so I'm thinking they're gonna have to try to come up with some procedure to help prevent a single pilot from intentionally taking down a plane. ...perhaps 3 in the cockpit instead of just 2?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was it a pilot suicide or was this nutbar praying to Allah as he slammed the plane into side of the mountain?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said he made no noise as he drove the plane into the ground. They could hear normal breathing and the pilot trying to get in. That's a crazy thing! No wonder I don't fly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Computers will be flying these planes pretty soon. They don't really need pilots.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be along time before passenger jets are un manned. Hopefully never. All the auto pilot features of an aircraft are managed manually with information input manually. Yes it could be automated sure but that's just one of the thousands of factors involved going from manned to unmanned. When things start going wrong with the aircraft I would want a human being determining the best course of action.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, but its the way its going. Computers will be driving your car/truck in the not too distant future also...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be along time before passenger jets are un manned. Hopefully never. All the auto pilot features of an aircraft are managed manually with information input manually. Yes it could be automated sure but that's just one of the thousands of factors involved going from manned to unmanned. When things start going wrong with the aircraft I would want a human being determining the best course of action.
Think about hackers taking over planes. It could happen.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, but its the way its going. Computers will be driving your car/truck in the not too distant future also...

with the automated "parallel park" features out already, you're likely correct.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Autopilot as Maxwell already said is based upon manually entered information, collision avoidance and issues during turbulance are still handled by the actual pilots.

Although, if the Movie Airplane! taught us anything..... Autopilots can land planes.

Airplane_auto1-208x300.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe with other forms of mass ground transportation, but it sure seems unlikely to me that they'd do that for passenger aircraft or any large aircraft for that matter. One of the reassuring things about air travel is that just about every system has some form of redundancy. I would hope that a human presence would always be the last form of redundancy in the event that flight is completely automated.

I would also hope that hacking would be enough of a concern that ground controlled commercial flight would never become reality. In fact we've already seen a form of hacking on US military drones by Iraq.

adrift

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep flying seems to have its risks! I guess we have to live every day like it is our last, cause it could be.

Last edited:

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
If you want to kill yourself there are a whole lot of options without resorting to something like this.. this is beyond suicide. And personally I am not ready to be driven (or flown) by a computer. what fun would driving a vehicle be if your not in control?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driver less cars have been in the works for a while now. You will see them for sale by 2021 for sure.

Possibly may see some in the 2017 model year.

Top Bottom