Gas prices

cowboytb

Reaction score
What the $&@k is with gas prices 98 cents and oil under 50 $ those greedy oil company's are going to screw us all when oil goes back to a 100$ hope that never happens but if it does what do u think we will pay 50$ oil almost a 1$ so 100 $ a barrel 2$ all I can say greedy bastards let's hope some ceo lose there jobs and get back to reAlity get a average wage I wish when I was short money I could just up my pay so I can keep my quarter earning up like oil company's do:mad: that's my rant....

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel is in the same boat,it is 7 cents less a litre now than when oil was $100.
The big boy's club is addicted to multi billion dollar profit margin's,their margin's are lower now
with the oil being exported,so they are making up the lost margin's by screwing us at the pump's.
Oil 90-100$ pr/bar = $1.10 diesel.
Oil 45-55$ pr/bar = $1.04 Diesel
Shell's site say's 50% of pump price is pretty much non oil price related.(fed and prov.tax,transport cost's,
retail margin's,refining cost's,ect)
Other 50% is based of the raw product cost.So do the math anyway you want when oil takes a big dive
so should prices at the pump.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it's more then just the gas companies... gov't gotta be involved in there some place... after all if things are gonna get messed up gov't is usually involved... remember who's hurting worse than oil companies? Govt! The more we pay the more they get to tax us!

Time to tell gov't to stop the gravy train to every sob that cries out for money... govt should tell the people of canada in simple terms where its money goes... then let the public decide... wait for it people... .if terdeau gets in get ready to be
bent over

fyi - i hate my move to BC there is more waste of money here then AB... im getting raped... anyone thinking of making the move contact me i can tell you where im paying

by the way i paid 134 / L today for 87 octane near Vancouver ( 10 cents of that) goes directly to transit cause some idiot allowed the transit people to hike gas taxes plus property taxes anytime they need something... thank you Gordon Campbell

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing today.... It was 1-1.5 months oil was basically the same price and we were at 75/L.

Oil is down yes, you wanna try and spike some economy keep gas cheap. At 75/l I feel like filling up the guy behind me!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure wtf is going on now but someone just told me gas just jumped .15 cents in castlegar! (1.18) Gas is on the rise and I'm sure it's because some fkn fat cat in government needs new tires on there Lamborghini or there wife needs a new island. Eather way we are getting screwed and there is nothing we can do about it.
The simple math does not work so what else can it be...they need to come up with some better lies.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425447645.940722.jpg

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil is still down, it was climbing last week, but dipped down again. Such a joke.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on?? Even in tight times Fat Cats sitting in their ivory towers (Oil & Gov't) are still filling their pockets!! Unbelievable!! Actually it is believable!! F&;kers!!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The part that bothers me most is when I look at the longer term graphs. Fuel prices jump AT LEAST 10 cents overnight, and then take a month to drop back down those 10 cents. And then the cycle repeats itself over and over. But, only in Alberta. Look at Vancouver's or Toronto's graph. Sure they're much more expensive, but the price jumps are like 2 - 3 cents. Seriously! The politicians and their families have to pay for fuel too. Do they not see how they're being raped. It makes me furious!

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sam's Club - 4420 King Ave E - Billings - South, MT - Montana Gas Prices

Here are some prices from across the border
$1.99/g for gas /3.78l = 52.6 cent's per litre.
$2.46/g for diesel /3.78l = 65.0 cent's per litre.

Regina today
95.9 cent's per litre for gas
$1.059 cent's per litre for diesel.
If you adjust our $ to american $ (.80 )x 95.9= 76.72/l and (.80)x1.059=84.7/l
So, if I did my math right we are paying 30-45% more for the same product with the same $.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that some refiners likely set up longer term contracts last year with oil companies at with higher prices. Even with WTI at $50, they might be paying a portion at $90+. Still doesn't explain everything, but explains why you won't see your gas price discounted in half.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sam's Club - 4420 King Ave E - Billings - South, MT - Montana Gas Prices

Here are some prices from across the border
$1.99/g for gas /3.78l = 52.6 cent's per litre.
$2.46/g for diesel /3.78l = 65.0 cent's per litre.

Regina today
95.9 cent's per litre for gas
$1.059 cent's per litre for diesel.
If you adjust our $ to american $ (.80 )x 95.9= 76.72/l and (.80)x1.059=84.7/l
So, if I did my math right we are paying 30-45% more for the same product with the same $
Yep this is how it is...I'm feeling it all around the taint regin.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did it jump down south? It went from .859 to 1.039 in less than 24 hours up here. WTF is with that??

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently there have been some very convenient refinery strikes, some very convenient maintenance issues and a very convenient small refinery fire. It was also just announced that the US gov (and probably same for Canada) is in a serious infrastructure hole since almost all the money for highway and bridge repair comes from the gas tax. So yes, probably government involvement too.

Not to mention that many elections are coming up and the oil barons need to finance their minions.

Anyone still think a "free market" exists.......

cowboytb

Reaction score
I agree that some of its government issues hard working people getting the shaft with inflation how about inflating wages the same as all living expenses have look at the taxes that they take off checks cut personal tax a little put some back in people's jeans I don't even bother voting u still get screwed to many politions ..... They do jack sh$$ but make 100000$ a year :nono:

moto.racerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The U.S. average retail price for regular gasoline rose 14 cents over last week, to $2.47 per gallon as of March 3, 2015, down $1.01 per gallon from a year ago. The large one-week increase in the U.S. average is the result of higher crude oil prices passed through to retail gasoline, exacerbated by a larger West Coast price increase as a result of regional refinery disruptions. The West Coast price increased 37 cents to $3.13 per gallon. The Gulf Coast price was up 11 cents to $2.22 per gallon, followed by the Midwest price, which rose 10 cents to $2.38 per gallon. The East Coast and Rocky Mountain price each increased eight cents to $2.39 per gallon, and $2.12 per gallon, respectively.
The U.S. average price for diesel fuel increased four cents from the week prior to $2.94 per gallon, down $1.08 per gallon from the same time last year. The East Coast price increased eight cents, to $3.08 per gallon. The West Coast price rose three cents to $3.08 per gallon, and the Rocky Mountain price increased two cents to $2.78 per gallon. The Midwest price rose two cents to $2.85 per gallon, while the Gulf Coast price was up less than a penny to $2.80 per gallon.

Top Bottom