Gas Is Up And Now Insurance?

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seem a regular guy cannot get a break this days gas is going thru the roof and now insurance , come on give us a break please anyway that my 2 cents he he:eek:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its going to get worse,Diesel went up 7 cents a litre on Sunday.Not sure its worth it to continue driving for a living.Hard to make a profit when everything goes in the tank!
catmando!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it just vehicle insurance or all insurance. Also the price of diesel in Golden BC is a $1.49. Most expensive place on my trip to penticton..

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paid 1.43 in Lloydminister on the sask side at a gas bar on the main drag,didnt look untill the pump was a 25 bucks.paid 25.23 and headed for some cheap alberta diesel lol!
catmando!

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is thinking that with the sky-rocketing fuel prices that the average driver is maybe driving just a little bit less and maybe even driving a little more conservative, which should mean LOWER INSURANCE COSTS!!!!!!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point.

Here's a new one for you. Recent survey found that people are NOT actually drving less....just thinking about it. What they are doing is taking food off the table, out of the mouths of their children. These people said that food was getting too expensive and that gas was needed to get to work to pay for all the other increases. What a catch 22. Think insurance going up 30% is going to make it any better!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wow, what are they thinking...food...gotta have food.
We are being more careful about how much we drive, but really...we are still driving daily.
Good point.

Here's a new one for you. Recent survey found that people are NOT actually drving less....just thinking about it. What they are doing is taking food off the table, out of the mouths of their children. These people said that food was getting too expensive and that gas was needed to get to work to pay for all the other increases. What a catch 22. Think insurance going up 30% is going to make it any better!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is thinking that with the sky-rocketing fuel prices that the average driver is maybe driving just a little bit less and maybe even driving a little more conservative, which should mean LOWER INSURANCE COSTS!!!!!!!!
I don't know,there's no shortage of idiots doing a buck fourty in their Superdutys and Duramaxes on highway 43.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insurance went up today because the cap for injury is dropped and they need to compisate for all the azzes who are going to make a bogus claim. Thats what I heard today. Which pisses me off since my lawyer just settled my claim last month and it was NOT a bogus claim and I still got screwed. [ps the wrong kind, I might add]. There is no winning here, none, never, zilch ,notta. lets all bend over at the same time!!!!! on three now. one...two.......three...........

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I filled up in Golden today $1.47 for diesel. Set the cruise at 103kmh and managed to get 21 mpg on my dic.

Sure lots cheaper running my dirtbike compared to the fuel sucking oil burning
2 smoke summit. $30.00 to fill a 20 litre jerrycan which lasts all weekend.

Anyone want to trade a 99TRD Tacoma for a diesel Jetta?

Cheers
Chris

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
insurance went up today because the cap for injury is dropped and they need to compisate for all the azzes who are going to make a bogus claim. Thats what I heard today. Which pisses me off since my lawyer just settled my claim last month and it was NOT a bogus claim and I still got screwed. [ps the wrong kind, I might add]. There is no winning here, none, never, zilch ,notta. lets all bend over at the same time!!!!! on three now. one...two.......three...........

ouch,that hurt!:eek:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with high priced bogus claims the insurance companies are still turning record profits. Problem is that they invest this money in the stock market and when the economy is bad and/or stocks take a hit they recoup their losses with rate hikes. Have to keep the shareholders happy.

Thing is we all balk at 37%, but then they will settle at say 15 to 20% and we will all be complacent with that. It's time to say enough is enough and settle for nothing less than a 0% increase. This goes for most of the things in life we are all being rooked into believing "have" to go up.

Us damn peace loving Canadians. They would never settle for this chit in old world Europe.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a snippet from a news article:

But rate board actuary Ted Zubulake said his number crunching shows that bodily injury costs have been coming down over the past half decade and are expected to continue to decline.

And that means Alberta drivers should be paying lower insurance rates, whether the soft-tissue injury cap is in place or not.

In the absence of any hue and cry from consumers, the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association has taken upon itself to fight against the insurers.

Jeremy Taitinger, who was part of the team that successfully defeated the rate cap in a drawn out court battle last spring, agreed that the frequency of injury claims has been dropping since the late 1990s.

"The trend in Alberta since even before the reforms were in place was to decreasing claims costs and increasing insurer profitability," he said Tuesday.

"If the board raises rates ... Alberta drivers will pay for the insurance companies' failure to allocate proper reserves over the last number of years as they've earned profits well in excess of the five per cent that the board has mandated."

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long weekend is coming up fuel is going jump like crazy better top of the tanks and the crazies will be in a hurry pulling big trailer at warp every one keep a eye out

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
The long weekend is coming up fuel is going jump like crazy better top of the tanks and the crazies will be in a hurry pulling big trailer at warp every one keep a eye out
I know I've slowed down a lot!:ramsfan_small:

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its horrible. this isnt solving anything. all this is gunna do is promote hybrids and nobody wants that.

Chevs 4 life!

GIVal

Reaction score
Ya, I just got a dirt bike and my insurance is just over $100 a month, its insaine. Its just as much as a fliping vehicle! I had no idea how much people were paying.

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com

....................l have started driving less, i stopped the 'just pop into town' trips, l make better use of the trips i make. The bike is in bits so no use there.:( The machine has a Mits engine and is alot easier that a cat but you still eat fuel
You will probably start seeing increases in EVERYING from produce to clothes as everything is tied to energy. lt could be much worse though......... Could be living in the US

Last edited:
Top Bottom