Gas in Mcbride

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
It seems the Chevron will never be back, or any new good stations.
So with just the mohawk, which as far as i know has ethanol in its gas, where are sledders to fill up at.
That ethanol in the gas is horrible, tried it once, and sled ran very badly.
Can only haul so many jerry cans around.

Thanks

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isint it a husky there?? and i have never had a problem with there fuel in my machine.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do just have a husky in town and that is the fuel that we run in all of our rentals and i run in my own M1000 and never had any issues. The husky here also just went thru a major upgrade. They have all new underground tanks, pumps. Ans not sure if they got there first shipment of it in yet this season but they usually have marked boat gas which is marked 94 octane.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do just have a husky in town and that is the fuel that we run in all of our rentals and i run in my own M1000 and never had any issues. The husky here also just went thru a major upgrade. They have all new underground tanks, pumps. Ans not sure if they got there first shipment of it in yet this season but they usually have marked boat gas which is marked 94 octane.

so thats how they get around the ethanol in fuel law set by the govt.
sell marked fuel for the sleds. just dont get caught with it in your vehicle.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so thats how they get around the ethanol in fuel law set by the govt.
sell marked fuel for the sleds. just dont get caught with it in your vehicle.

I`m not sure what you mean by ethanol laws. The reason they put dye in it is so that you dont have to pay the road taxes. But yes it is against the law to run it in your vehicle on the road unless you have a farm plate on your vehicle. The marked premium is cheaper than non marked regular.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Sorry i confused mohawk and husky, i always think of them as the same, since they are really the same mother company.

Is the marked 94 non-ethanol gas?

Even my zrt which is not high compression, or fancy, just a fun short track sled hates ethanol.

If the 94 marked is not ethanol blended, that would be great.:)

But i thought all husky/mohawk gas had ethanol.......hoping i am wrong.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i confused mohawk and husky, i always think of them as the same, since they are really the same mother company.

Is the marked 94 non-ethanol gas?

Even my zrt which is not high compression, or fancy, just a fun short track sled hates ethanol.

If the 94 marked is not ethanol blended, that would be great.:)

I beleive that it is the same as there normal premium 94 octane just they add dye and dont charge road taxes on it.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run marked fuel in your sleds if it is sold @ the pump as it is for " offroad use". Its no different then buying marked fuel for your boat at the pumps.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`m not sure what you mean by ethanol laws. The reason they put dye in it is so that you dont have to pay the road taxes. But yes it is against the law to run it in your vehicle on the road unless you have a farm plate on your vehicle. The marked premium is cheaper than non marked regular.

it is in another thread on this subject. it is goverment mandated,canadian govt, that all fuel sold for useon the road has a min of 4%, i believe it is, ethanol blend. as of june 1st 2009 i think it was. everybody has it now just some chose not to advertise it.
however being marked for offroad use only fuel it will have a different set of rules.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked the husky gas station manager. And he told me that they now have the marked boat gas in stock, he also said that it is 91 octane and does not conatin ethanol. That was what he was told by husky he said, he said he just found that out this fall.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked the husky gas station manager. And he told me that they now have the marked boat gas in stock, he also said that it is 91 octane and does not conatin ethanol. That was what he was told by husky he said, he said he just found that out this fall.

glen do you ever work???:d:beer:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Therefore the marked boat gas is the way to go?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats probably why its only 91. doesnt have the cheap ethanol booster to bring it up to the 94 that they usually sell.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i wrote husky/mohawk head office glen and all marked premium fuel they sell is 91 octane and ethonol free (in bc) as they stated in the email they sent me

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
It seems the Chevron will never be back, or any new good stations.
So with just the mohawk, which as far as i know has ethanol in its gas, where are sledders to fill up at.
That ethanol in the gas is horrible, tried it once, and sled ran very badly.
Can only haul so many jerry cans around.

Thanks

if you are a co op member there is a card lock just outside of McBride towards the old McBride Forest Industries location

Top Bottom