Garbage pit

tc450

Reaction score
Well i headed out for a day of ridding at Brudeheim , was it ever busy!! I decided to stage in the back parking lot about 1km off the main road. I was one of the first people in there today and i was shocked and pissed off at the mess that some people have left behind. There was hundreds of beer cans, broken glass bottles, burnt lawn chairs, containers of oil, toilet paper, a couple of jerry cans, clothes, old camping gear. What is wrong with you people, if this keeps up it won't be long before the provincial government takes this great ridding area from us, I'm sure that some of you slobs will not be to happy about that. Why can't people just take their garbage with them??? And to the group of tenter's to the North of the back staging area you didn't put out you the fire when you left, whats your problem??? all it takes is a stiff wind and we will no longer have a forest. How about the next time anyone who reads this takes an extra garbage bag or two and pick some of the garbage. Unfortunately this will probably fall on deaf ears but if you happen to see someone out there picking up garbage maybe you want to help cause i know darn well that i didn't leave the mess in the first place:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was out there on the weekend as well and this is a problem. People please have respect for this area and all area's. The cut down trees (half burnt), broken bottles, garbage spread all over, beer cans just thrown on the ground is a serious problem. I always seem to bring more garbage home with me as I pick up some. As the previous post says, bring a garbage bag and take a load of garbage out with you. This site is a old sand pit and working and capped wells. There's No tresspassing signs in quite a few areas that also state that no motorized vehicles are allowed. But no one really enforces that, it better for the atv's and dirt bikes to ride here than on farmers land or too close to the city. We don't want someone complaining to the government about this area or they will put fences up and where would we ride. So lets clean up this area and keep it clean. That area would be a bottle pickers paradise.

Also when going up hills where you can't see over the top, Please use caution rather than flying up, what would happen if there was someone going the opposite way or a young child on a small atv..

RON:realmad:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was out there today as well with Ron and my Son and lastly my Dad who is an avid quader and he rides in the bush a lot.Once we got home he made the comment that he had never been to a place with so much garbage.He also made the comment,too bad they dont clean this place up,it would be a great riding area!It was his first time there and yes I agree,the place was in need of some TLC.I certainly hope some people read this and think before they leave all there garbage behind,Forty five min drive to ride is far enough for me!
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Vinca Cleanup

Catmando and Myself were discussing a worker bee cleanup at the staging area's at the Vinca Bridge - 2 staging area's on a Saturday morning for a couple of hours then we all ride. We should be able to fill some garbage bags easily and make the site a nicer place to ride. Mabie the people would see how clean this area is and think twice before they just throw stuff on the ground. Please put on here who is interested. This would most likely be May 12. Please let me know on here.

Im in...

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very good chance I'm in too,I'm going to see if mayby the outlawatv club will join us.Heck I'm a premium member there,would make the 20.00 membership very worthwhile if I could get them to join us.Were all in it for the same reason.Another great reason to load up the quads!
catmando!

Clem

Reaction score
You'll get a good response from the Outlaws.

Is the 12th a firm date? I maybe able to make it for this Saturday. Maybe a 2 stage clean up?

chucker

Reaction score
Clean Up

Hey Ron, I would love to help but May 12 does not look good for me. I have got a work bee of my own for my Mother on Sat. I could make it Sun. I will watch this forum to see what date you firm up with.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
seems like you run into everyone elses garbage where ever you go now a days. Last year we went to Seven Mile area and were bootin around on trails and in the fields and this one site was empty.. had lil bit of garbage, but only cause they dumped the garbage around the corner. We cleaned it up and came out with 3 bags full. Its stupid, you bring it in you take it out. And there was a garbage conatiner about 5 mins up the road at the campsite.. sure you make a donation but its better than leavin it. Even still, you come across it everywhere and still clean it up.

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
Good to know, its not only Bruderheim. I have been a avid local rider at long island lake for over 15yrs, and am ready to quit going there. The garbage can be picked up, but the trail damage is whats REALLY starting to irritate me. When a area is mostly clay and dirt and it rains for a few days..... STAY HOME PEOPLE... When its dry, the ground is hard as a rock ... There are now ruts out there in the clay that can swallow a small car.... and they are never going to go away.... this area was never like this... Its just been in the last 4-5years.... Increased user pressure, increased engine displacements and tire aggressiveness are to blame...
Either we all dummy up and quit wrecking our trail systems, or we will lose them, one by one..... Any thoughts?

Dizzy

Reaction score
i totally agree with you andy..it seems like everywhere you go out west or trails anywhere just seem to get so chewed up and mangled that half the time you have to find a way around most of it. We ride alot west of caroline in the cut off creek valley and all over into the ram and clearwater and every year we keep finding new ways to get into areas because every mud hole is three feet deeper than it was before. I think your right with we have to dummy up and not root and tear so terribly much...and with your garbage issue its pretty sad that people can pack it all the way in there but when its empty its just to hard to pack it out right..

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seen a sign in K-Country this past weekend it says
Pack it in
Pack it out
Your mom doesn`t work here

I thought it was very fitting

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
ill get flamed to hell for this one and i hate to say it but these ruts are there from the big 4x4 quads, rhinos, etc. rhinos arent even supposed to be on trails as there is supposed to be a 50" width limit, and an 800lb weight limit the only UTV that makes the width it is a bone stock razr, but its still got a dry weight of over 900lbs!!! there is absolutely no reason for gigantic tires with such huge lugs except to tear sh*t up!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ill get flamed to hell for this one and i hate to say it but these ruts are there from the big 4x4 quads, rhinos, etc. rhinos arent even supposed to be on trails as there is supposed to be a 50" width limit, and an 800lb weight limit the only UTV that makes the width it is a bone stock razr, but its still got a dry weight of over 900lbs!!! there is absolutely no reason for gigantic tires with such huge lugs except to tear sh*t up!

I hate to tell you this but it is called All Terrain Vehicle,If you want to ride on pavement get your self a mini cooper.Those laws you talk about,dont think they are in effect,definatly not enforced!
Sounds like your having a bad day!
catmando!

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
believe me, im not trying to say to anyone not to ride, and im not a dudley do right by any means, but what i said is simply the truth.
look at it this way, how are roads ruined? its not the honda civic, its the huge truck. same on trails, just the truth is all.
by all means when you come across some mud rip it up, ill just have to make the trail wider by going around. no big deal. gives me some nice tight turns and such!

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
even my full yoshi exhaust with or without spark arrestor is apparently illegal on trails, so are dirtbikes. who would figure?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our biggest problem is rideing where you should not ,not mud holes. Most negative attention brought is sport quads racing through suddivisions, not ruts out where quadders are!

bsan1827

Reaction score
Re: Vinca Cleanup

Where exactly is this area? if its within two hours of Red Deer I'm interested.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Trust me you don't want to drive 2 hours to go to brutalhiem It is just a small sandy area outside the city to take the kids out or to do some testing you can probally hit all the trails in about an hour and a half

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Vinca Cleanup

better off to go to medicine lake
Do not waist your time unless you have to come down for a reason

Top Bottom