G5 turbo Gears and chain

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brought my sled in for the fuel line replacement recall and since i had already put hyvo stuff in my sled, i declined the factory kit install. i signed a document saying as much but the next owner will be able to have it done if they want.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brought my sled in for the fuel line replacement recall and since i had already put hyvo stuff in my sled, i declined the factory kit install. i signed a document saying as much but the next owner will be able to have it done if they want.

Did you pay for the hyvo in your sled? If you did thats a credit back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did and i asked the service guy about that. he ran it up the chain and the head shed told him there'd be no compensation for anyone that put their own parts in because it wasn't done by a tech, it wasn't brp's actual kit, etc. i wasn't surprised.
have you heard of anyone being compensated?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did and i asked the service guy about that. he ran it up the chain and the head shed told him there'd be no compensation for anyone that put their own parts in because it wasn't done by a tech, it wasn't brp's actual kit, etc. i wasn't surprised.
I think Ron was going to try at Martins. Not sure how that went?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep, I have.
If your dealer is being a dink. Take the kit and return it. There is nothing special about that kit over what you installed in your sled.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good suggestions and they crossed my mind but at this point, I don’t care. plus I’m running a 19t top sprocket which I like so I don’t want to have to open the case back up yet again to install that sprocket.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine done at Riderz last week, was told everything looked good inside. She’s ready to roll, now we just need snow and lots of it

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if the NA sleds are covered ? My dealer said it was only early production turbos that were covered.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just phoned the dealer and nothing came up on mine as well. On the TSB almost looks like the ones built in Finland have the good parts . Could be just the turbo but my vin starts with YH2S.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is what my report from MMS says

SEGMENT# 1 S 2291 2023-17 11/06/23 11/10/23
2023-17 POTENTIAL PREMATURE DRIVE CHAIN FAILURE
REPLACE DRIVE CHAIN AND SPROKETS WITH NEW IMPROVED PARTS. SUMMIT, FREERIDE, & SHREDDER 3900/4100 USE KIT 861805573 SHREDDER 3700 USE KIT 861805572
ALL MODELS USE CHAIN CASE OIL 9779156
BULLETIN EXPIRES APRIL 30, 2026

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hard to argue with nothing coming up on the VIN. hard to imagine in general and at this stage there's faulty sleds that BRP isn't aware of.

Top Bottom