G5 turbo Gears and chain

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dopped off a 2023 turbo doo today, and there was chain & sprockets recall and another recall was for the fuel line.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looked at the top sprocket number and confirmed it's the rexnord standard. Hope it's as good as my 2018 g4.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bottom sprocket for the recall kit is a different solid sprocket than the previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that my ‘24 chain case sticker says BW, owners manual says Rexnord. I thought the technical q&a video from the spring claimed everything would be Rexnord Aurora . I’m guessing they were able to get enough of the BW.

IMG_1615.jpeg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that my ‘24 chain case sticker says BW, owners manual says Rexnord. I thought the technical q&a video from the spring claimed everything would be Rexnord Aurora . I’m guessing they were able to get enough of the BW.

View attachment 276532
Both my 24 turbos have the same sticker. Haven't opened it up to confirm.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which is better?

Not sure. Previous turbos had the BW, and they seemed to be as reliable as any other. I haven't seen (or could easily find) any mfg. specs. I don't really care either, just something I noticed in this whole chain debacle.

Both my 24 turbos have the same sticker. Haven't opened it up to confirm.
Ya, I'll find out for sure when I change the oil in a couple weeks. Not losing any sleep in the meantime. Some clear consistency would be nice tho. Parts lookup claims BW for my model, so hopefully brp got that correct at least.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over 400km on the 2024 and yet to have to adjust the chain. Changed the oil, which was clean enough it could have been reused. Didn't bother to remove the cover.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over 400km on the 2024 and yet to have to adjust the chain. Changed the oil, which was clean enough it could have been reused. Didn't bother to remove the cover.
That would be first ever, any year of sled. I would have pulled the cover as I do every time.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be first ever, any year of sled. I would have pulled the cover as I do every time.
I intended to, as I usually do. Looking at the all the junk to remove first, the clean oil and the fact that they're still using those shitty self tappers that like to strip the case, I decided it wasn't worth the effort as I'm not stressing over it. Maybe next oil change. I too am surprised at the lack of adjustment. I have 2 G4's and an XM and they all needed an adjustment at about 100km from new. I'm wondering if it was a little over-tensioned from the factory/dealer.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a gear change on a 2024 freeride 146 today, interesting chain rub marks on the cover, with the chain tensioned the bottom sprocket was easily moved on the spline with a screwdriver, it moved more than expected.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a gear change on a 2024 freeride 146 today, interesting chain rub marks on the cover, with the chain tensioned the bottom sprocket was easily moved on the spline with a screwdriver, it moved more than expected.

Did you snag some pics?

Top Bottom