Funny Tim Hortons Story.......

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the whole Timmies thing and including the Union episode regarding workers do we need to wonder why there are so many immigrant workers in the service industry. The young Canadians just can't cut it and then the sobbing starts and mom and dad jump in consoling, start pulling strings with buddies for a job for "my little girl/boy" and pretty soon they are still living at home when they are 30 and still not paying rent!!!!!

I generally find, the workers from the Philippines to be able to take it in stride with a smile on their face, and still wish one a good day!

Good point. I find the young'ens of today have such an incredible sense of entitlement...they have no desire to work for $15/hr, they're worth at least $30.:rolleyes: The imported labor force are just happy to be able to provide for their families (most of them anyway).

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is cash? Use chip card for everything and anything to avoid awkward moments. I have 100$ at all times in case the banks are down but other than that ill use my pay pass for 2 friggn bucks. Hate change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Really? I hate using the debit card...in this day and age, there's so many dirtbag scammers with fake interac machines. I use cash for everything. It's kind of a game...I don't spend any change at all...roll it up and the end of the year, and put it towards a holiday...this year was $3800.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are subjects at school that I could have done better at for sure,but I always
liked math.It's usefull all the time.On long road trips I always do math in my head just to pass
the time. We generally speaking say that society is taking a downward turn.
I sure dont think that kid's are getting thinner,stronger,more polite and smarter.

here's one for you.

take an inch and seventeen sixteenths and multiply it by the cubed root of twenty seven squared subtract five hundred and sixty two and a half thousandths and divide that by three and add seven to that. Take the product of the preceding equation and multiply it by ten subtract one hundred and what do you get.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's one for you.

take an inch and seventeen sixteenths and multiply it by the cubed root of twenty seven squared subtract five hundred and sixty two and a half thousandths and divide that by three and add seven to that. Take the product of the preceding equation and multiply it by ten subtract one hundred and what do you get.

A really complex math problem.......

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
here's one for you.

Simple enough-answer is 30.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's one for you.

Vanilla

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a HEADACHE :)

here's one for you.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was golfing with a buddy when the cart girl came by. She stopped and asked if we needed anything and I said sure we'll have 2 Bud. She gets us the beer and pulls out her calculator does the math and says $9.00.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't provide an answer to a improper question. No idea what an inch and seventeen sixteenths is......

Is that like four eights???
you might want to ask WhiteDragon for some help

Last edited:

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the whole Timmies thing and including the Union episode regarding workers do we need to wonder why there are so many immigrant workers in the service industry. The young Canadians just can't cut it and then the sobbing starts and mom and dad jump in consoling, start pulling strings with buddies for a job for "my little girl/boy" and pretty soon they are still living at home when they are 30 and still not paying rent!!!!!

I generally find, the workers from the Philippines to be able to take it in stride with a smile on their face, and still wish one a good day!

I agree with you on that! but what i do not agree with is repeating your order 3-4 times to the people from the Philippines because they didnt get it right and/or not knowing what you have to pay because you do not understand what they said haha

Top Bottom