Funny Tim Hortons Story.......

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So,im at timmies thismorning getting my Xl tripple tripple,I am sure many of you
know they cost $2 EXACTLY.The young girl entered $20 into the till ,so the till
would calculate the change,problem is I handed her a $5. When she realized her
mistake and hit some sort of cancell button the till went blank and wouldnt tell
her how much change to give.She gave me the biggest deer in the headlights
look I have ever seen,She went totally stiff and didnt know what to do.
Her partner had already made the coffee and handed it to me,when the girl was
still trying to figure out the math.The other lady asked her what was wrong,so she
explained."He gave me $5 and his order was $2,so what do I do"
The other girl quickly said "then give him $3 back"The girl still stunned by the complex
math that was overloading her brain,opened up the till and gave me a toonie.
I was almost gona burst at this piont,But I held it in.
"Just 1 more dollar and you got it right" I said to her,She still didnt know what to do
So she opened up the till and gave me a loonie.

I hope someone reads this and at least chuckles a bit,Ladies and gentlemen these
are our countries future leaders. Apperently Kid's arent taking grade 1 math anymore.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Ive had it where your total is something like 7.68 so i hand them 20.18, you wanna see some people glaze over like they have been on the reefer for 3 days straight! They usually say something like "68 sir not 18" or hand me my change and keep the 20 and saying this will cover it and then punch 20 into the till. Then i explain what im doing and then they are lost because 20 is already punched into the till not 20.18.

Sent while not working too hard

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is cash? Use chip card for everything and anything to avoid awkward moments. I have 100$ at all times in case the banks are down but other than that ill use my pay pass for 2 friggn bucks. Hate change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Max,I thought from your reputation on here you were a pretty cool guy?
Your not really one of those jerks that uses a chip card for a $2 transaction are you?
Stupid chip card transactions take FOREVER compared to cash.
Max,You just lost points in my coolest guy on snow and mud book.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Max,I thought from your reputation on here you were a pretty cool guy?
Your not really one of those jerks that uses a chip card for a $2 transaction are you?
Stupid chip card transactions take FOREVER compared to cash.
Max,You just lost points in my coolest guy on snow and mud book.

No your right I usually grab toonies from the cup holder if its less than 5 bucks other than that it goes on the card. But chances of me spending less than 10 bucks at tims is slim.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Ive had it where your total is something like 7.68 so i hand them 20.18, you wanna see some people glaze over like they have been on the reefer for 3 days straight! They usually say something like "68 sir not 18" or hand me my change and keep the 20 and saying this will cover it and then punch 20 into the till. Then i explain what im doing and then they are lost because 20 is already punched into the till not 20.18.

Must point out this is not at tim hortons, its just society in general

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Must point out this is not at tim hortons, its just society in general

There was a lot of good came out of the 3R's: reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic!

There is soo much in the curriculum these days that maybe if they went back to the basics, it would cost less, be more efficient, and produce better students/citizens......just my opinion tonight!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a lot of good came out of the 3R's: reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic!

There is soo much in the curriculum these days that maybe if they went back to the basics, it would cost less, be more efficient, and produce better students/citizens......just my opinion tonight!

I agree %100.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had it happen again. Went to grocery store picked up bread, buns, and eggs total was 5.37 so i handed her a 10 and right away she punched that into the till. Then i dig out .37 and hand it to her. The till said change was 4.63 so she stood and stared at the till and looked at me.........$5 i told her. Ok thanks she replied. WTF is this world coming to?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't figure out simple change and are over the age of like 10 there is no hope for you at all.......The system is not to blame.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are subjects at school that I could have done better at for sure,but I always
liked math.It's usefull all the time.On long road trips I always do math in my head just to pass
the time. We generally speaking say that society is taking a downward turn.
I sure dont think that kid's are getting thinner,stronger,more polite and smarter.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With the whole Timmies thing and including the Union episode regarding workers do we need to wonder why there are so many immigrant workers in the service industry. The young Canadians just can't cut it and then the sobbing starts and mom and dad jump in consoling, start pulling strings with buddies for a job for "my little girl/boy" and pretty soon they are still living at home when they are 30 and still not paying rent!!!!!

I generally find, the workers from the Philippines to be able to take it in stride with a smile on their face, and still wish one a good day!

Top Bottom