Funny Tim Hortons Story.......

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what 2 1/16 is but seventeen sixteenths is not a proper fraction.....

I can't tell if you guys are kidding anymore. Either that, or I'm taking crazy pills. 17/16 is 1 and 1/16 :confused:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are kidding anymore. Either that, or I'm taking crazy pills. 17/16 is 1 and 1/16 :confused:

back read....it was originally 1 and 17/16........which is......

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
here's one for you.

take an inch and seventeen sixteenths and multiply it by the cubed root of twenty seven squared subtract five hundred and sixty two and a half thousandths and divide that by three and add seven to that. Take the product of the preceding equation and multiply it by ten subtract one hundred and what do you get.

Roughly 525

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
here's one for you.

take an inch and seventeen sixteenths and multiply it by the cubed root of twenty seven squared subtract five hundred and sixty two and a half thousandths and divide that by three and add seven to that. Take the product of the preceding equation and multiply it by ten subtract one hundred and what do you get.

I am assuming 3 squared here

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
So,im at timmies thismorning getting my Xl tripple tripple,I am sure many of you
know they cost $2 EXACTLY.The young girl entered $20 into the till ,so the till
would calculate the change,problem is I handed her a $5. When she realized her
mistake and hit some sort of cancell button the till went blank and wouldnt tell
her how much change to give.She gave me the biggest deer in the headlights
look I have ever seen,She went totally stiff and didnt know what to do.
Her partner had already made the coffee and handed it to me,when the girl was
still trying to figure out the math.The other lady asked her what was wrong,so she
explained."He gave me $5 and his order was $2,so what do I do"
The other girl quickly said "then give him $3 back"The girl still stunned by the complex
math that was overloading her brain,opened up the till and gave me a toonie.
I was almost gona burst at this piont,But I held it in.
"Just 1 more dollar and you got it right" I said to her,She still didnt know what to do
So she opened up the till and gave me a loonie.

I hope someone reads this and at least chuckles a bit,Ladies and gentlemen these
are our countries future leaders. Apperently Kid's arent taking grade 1 math anymore.

She musta been from the sask side....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
don't know it but i can spell it

A
Red
Indian
Thought
He
Might
Eat
Tobacco
In
Class

that reminds me when I was teaching up north and the students who forgot their chew at home or maybe run out during the day and they would come and see me for a pinch every now and then.

"Doug will give you a pinch to tide you over. Go see him!"

I always told them to chew it and not smoke it as they won't kick you out for chewing but they will for smoking it....strange, eh!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was golfing with a buddy when the cart girl came by. She stopped and asked if we needed anything and I said sure we'll have 2 Bud. She gets us the beer and pulls out her calculator does the math and says $9.00.

That's all fine and good, but... Was she cute?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was golfing with a buddy when the cart girl came by. She stopped and asked if we needed anything and I said sure we'll have 2 Bud. She gets us the beer and pulls out her calculator does the math and says $9.00.

Well yeah. I can't do the math in my head either. $4.29 * 2 * 1.05

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Stop by Timmies yesterday I wanted a turkey bacon club meal.(mmmm....bacon) I ordered get asked "white?" or "whole wheat?" I say "white" sorry we are out of white, I say "you leave me with no other option" then she says "What?" I say I'll take the whole wheat. For the doughnut I ask for sour cream glazed and for the drink a med ice cap...."sorry our Ice cap machine is being serviced" ordered a coffee instead. Finally get to the window guy in a black shirt must be a manager say "sorry we have no sour cream glazed" so I said " i will wait while you make one" he laughs and says " we don't have a baker till evening" I said "this place is getting more ridiculous I couldn't get the sandwich i wanted the doughnut I wanted or the drink i wanted....when i go to Macdonalds they never say sorry we are out of big macs or sorry we have no fries or sorry we have no coke" he said starts handing me my bag and drink and says "We are sorry and have a nice day no charge"..... Finally got something free outta them

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop by Timmies yesterday I wanted a turkey bacon club meal.(mmmm....bacon) I ordered get asked "white?" or "whole wheat?" I say "white" sorry we are out of white, I say "you leave me with no other option" then she says "What?" I say I'll take the whole wheat. For the doughnut I ask for sour cream glazed and for the drink a med ice cap...."sorry our Ice cap machine is being serviced" ordered a coffee instead. Finally get to the window guy in a black shirt must be a manager say "sorry we have no sour cream glazed" so I said " i will wait while you make one" he laughs and says " we don't have a baker till evening" I said "this place is getting more ridiculous I couldn't get the sandwich i wanted the doughnut I wanted or the drink i wanted....when i go to Macdonalds they never say sorry we are out of big macs or sorry we have no fries or sorry we have no coke" he said starts handing me my bag and drink and says "We are sorry and have a nice day no charge"..... Finally got something free outta them

Wow.........I'm going to follow you around Murm. Free food.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I heard that the donuts are not made fresh anymore. it comes from the warehouse already made, but frozen, and the "bakers" just glaze or fill them

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that the donuts are not made fresh anymore. it comes from the warehouse already made, but frozen, and the "bakers" just glaze or fill them

Yep they are. Know someone who use to work there. It's pretty sad.

Which is why safeway for example donuts are SO much better.

Top Bottom