Fuel prices...

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Can anyone tell me what in the fawk this latest 15 cent bend over is being blamed on this time? Can NO ONE do anything about these price hikes? Makes me wanna pull my effing hair out!! (what's left of it anyway)

Ya know. If you go to gasprices.com, you can graph fuel prices over whatever time you want, and looking at Edmonton/Calgary, it jumps 10 - 15 cents a litre over night, and then slowly tapers down 8 - 10 cents a litre over the next week or 2. Then another huge jump. If you look at Vancouver or Toronto, it's a constant variance of 1 - 3 cents up, down, up, down, up, down.

This seems like it's fawking bullchit to me. Unfortunately, I guess we have to bend over and take it, cause it seems like theres nothing we can do about it. Or can we?

End rant!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah quit buying gas, get an electric car or mountain bike. Or just pay up.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please let me build pipelines so I can make more money! Oh, now excuse me while I sharpen some sticks to poke in your eye.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you and the constant jump and drop bs. A few cents every few days is one thing, but jumping 15 and then down 15 3 times in a week is fn ridiculous.
I'm all for letting them charge what they want but there needs to be some regulations in place to limit the gouging they do. Like a max of 5 cents per week or 72 hrs or something.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Massive jump on the eve before the Keystone XL announcement. Hmmmmmm..........

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you all this, if gasoline or diesel would go up to $2.00/liter what would you do?

I would keep buying it, i need it to get to work, yeah it would double my fuel costs but what's the alternative? Quit working?

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and the oil companies know it.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that has been suggested but it takes to much organization and cooperation to work.

Just think if there was some way to get the vast majority of consumers to buy at only one company, lets say everyone buys at PetroCan this week, nobody go to any other station, you would think that at some point other stations would have to drop prices to attract customers back. Once one station drops a reasonable amount, everyone shift there, then somebody else would have to drop prices to get the business, and so on and so on .........................................

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that has been suggested but it takes to much organization and cooperation to work.

Just think if there was some way to get the vast majority of consumers to buy at only one company, lets say everyone buys at PetroCan this week, nobody go to any other station, you would think that at some point other stations would have to drop prices to attract customers back. Once one station drops a reasonable amount, everyone shift there, then somebody else would have to drop prices to get the business, and so on and so on .........................................

good luck with that idea.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I geuss i would down size the vehicle i drive, but i would keep on driving because yes i have to get to work and no I'm not riding my mountain bike every day.
Let me ask you all this, if gasoline or diesel would go up to $2.00/liter what would you do?

I would keep buying it, i need it to get to work, yeah it would double my fuel costs but what's the alternative? Quit working?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Go back to horse/cart lol!! You know i would most likely ride the quad or sled that idea alone would take a few hundred vehicles of the road. I am not saying in the city to may retards but if you say work on the outskirts or nisku winterburn etc that would be perfect cause you just take the AH. I know its all a pipe dream just mt 2cents.

Top Bottom