Ft. Assiniboine areas

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is the VEGA area. Just across the ferry the area is open for off highway vehicle use on the East side of the highway only. Turn off the highway somewhere around Barrhead just ask for directions head north:confused:

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea theres lots of good riding around here. you go past timeu hall keep on the road entell u hit a gas plant park there. go find trails up and around there for days.. or go around the center of alberta is good to..

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea theres lots of good riding around here. you go past timeu hall keep on the road entell u hit a gas plant park there. go find trails up and around there for days.. or go around the center of alberta is good to..

would you be able to give me a detailed map or detailed directions. I am not familiar with the area. thanks

Kelly

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, if you like muskeg riding like big brutes said, go past the sandhills, keep going untill you get to the end of the sandhills road, turn righ, drive un till you get to an old CNRL plant site, the plant has been remove, it cool to stage there, its just befor the Apache Akine river plant. after you unload drive you will cross over a small bridge, keep going, on your lrf hand side, just watch for sled trails, you can get in behind windfall, or even up to roach lake if you know the way. Great fishin. Bring a winch.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sled trail is the Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail. It comes from Flatbush across the pembina and Athabasca rivers and continues to Swan Hills and beyound. Quadding on this trail may cause some problems with the trappers from the area so please try to be good out there.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, if you like muskeg riding like big brutes said, go past the sandhills, keep going untill you get to the end of the sandhills road, turn righ, drive un till you get to an old CNRL plant site, the plant has been remove, it cool to stage there, its just befor the Apache Akine river plant. after you unload drive you will cross over a small bridge, keep going, on your lrf hand side, just watch for sled trails, you can get in behind windfall, or even up to roach lake if you know the way. Great fishin. Bring a winch.

can you give me directions with highway numbers and road numbers/names from ft. assiniboine? I do not know the area at all. thanks

Kelly

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure the raod numbers, but from the Fort, you go up the big hill behind the fort, and stay on the highway untill, the road turns in to Chineese pavment, keep goin un till you get to the old CNRL plant to stage.But first You will end up going past the Timue hall, then, a big tower thats owned by apache, you will know when your close cause around a sharp turn there will be a little house with green trim, and a sighn that says APache privet road, dont worry tookmuch about that I think miller western ownes that road, cause you can take logging roads all the way up the slave lake. just keep driving un till you get to that abandoned CNRl plant, Big Brutes said he would post the Road numbers for yeah, hope my Mombo jumbo makes some sence to yeah.

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok from barrhead go on highway 33 then at the fort you turn right on 661 go though the little town go up a big hill, follow tell you hit the sand hills road and then you follow the chineese pavemet all the way around and it will turn to gravel keep goning. you will see a old blue cabin on the left side go by it entell you hit a old CNRL plant site good stagen area nice and big. oh yea i think 661 turn in to rge road 45. what days you guys plan on going up there??? may be might up i ride a green 750 brute hope to see you up there..

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you get out there you step out of your truck onto the chinese gravel and point north and SCREAM OUT LOUD . WHERE IN THE &?%$ AM I !!!!!!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey another, place you might wanna go try out is the Klondike trail.
Just past the Timue hall when your going down a big long hill, there will be a sighn that says TD Road, and another one that Says Klondike trail, turn west I belive it is down that road un till you get to the end of the road there will be a sign that says North klondike trail, the south Klondikle trail is just a dead end, I logged down there about 3-4 years ago. There are lots of logging roads that go alover the place, you can even get up to some crappy old leases (Prarie Scrunner Drilling). Usaly go past these wellsite on are way to roach lake. ANd there are some old grave sites along the klondike trail, I think its at Around Km 8-10 no sure though. hear is a web site that might help, also try and do a search on the klondike trail, its go a lot of history.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to ride this area again this up coming May long week-end, it's been every bit of 7 yrs since i've ridin' the area and have a few questions myself. Is there a place to camp not far from the large sand hill by the ferry crossing? How busy is the area now? Do we need to reserve ahead of time or are there lot's of areas to camp just off the beatin path?

Sorry about all the questions, i know it's a little early to be thinking of this but i know how fast some areas book-up. One last one, is there any cops in the area? My old farm quad doesn't have registration.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the use of this area has change over time to less. Camping is all Random just find a spot park get out set up your ready to ride. No spots to rent no power,water or firepit. Just have some fun and be careful with your fires

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where the road y's and you can either go right to the ferry, or left to timeau creek is my land got 90 acres that isn't provincial park yet. It's hunting camp right now but in process of clearing for campground lots of work ...doing it all with chainsaw and quad right now, but almost to the point i'm going to get some equipment in to make life easier i'll keep posted on progress, if anyone has comments or suggestions on facilities would like to see up there...would like to hear em'

Top Bottom