FST Turbo Switchback - Help

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled seems to be losing power. Seems to be under powered in powder snow.
Any suggestions why ?

Tom Tabbert

Reaction score
I had an 06 FST switchback, and with about 3500 miles on it, it seemed to do the same. A short time later there seemed to be some smoke on start up and after idling for a while. It turned out to be that the turbo shaft support bearing set up that polaris has had failed and the turbo was not running true in its housing. I suggest pulling off the rubber inlet pipe and checking for shaft play and also check real close to see if the turbine has been rubbing on the aluminum housing. Look real close and you can see some scuffing marks. I was real lucky with my dealer Quadra Truck in Fort Mac. and he was able to get me a new turbo from polaris under warranty even though the warranty had expired 2 months previously. With the new turbo the power was back to new.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped by my dealer and talked to him about what you suggested. Sounds like my sled could have the same problem that you ran into. The dealer told me to bring it in and they were going to look at it. Thanks for the help Tom.

Bryan

Senshi

Reaction score
Does your check engine light come on? If so check your throttle body boot clamps, they could be loose or have even come off! I had a buddy that this happened to, It's no big deal to fix but it sure kills the power. The other thing it could be is the waste gate dumping too soon or staying open...requires a re-flash as far as I know

Top Bottom