Frozen Septic Field.

brendon444

Reaction score
I would find that leaving water running while gone a risky move. If your system freezes while you are gone and is unable to pump itself out, that water will end up in your basement.

I agree that wouldn't be a smart move. My plan was for someone to come over during the week and run a little warm water into my septic system and cause it to pump to the field a few times over the week.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is your problem now... isn't that just peachy. bypass the septic tank with the washing machine, showers and sink and bury them deeper. Some wives and their cleaners really wreck havoc on the system.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be very careful what you do to it , in terms of the situation where you ever decide to sell the property !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its working proper no need to do it, you have looked in and your pump is not cycling so you should be fine in my opinion. As far as some of the ideas of digging infiltrators deeper dont do it they are clueless on how these systems work believe it or not the shallower the better closer to surface you have silty or sandy soil which promote effluent flow.

Top Bottom