Found a Kijiji mechanic who knows what he is doing

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had great experiences getting service work done at Calgary area dealerships. The old saying that your choices are cheap, good, or quick but you only get two. In my experience, I would be happy with two.

I have used kijiji to find mechanics for my vehicles. I have a red seal journeyman mechanic who is a diesel mechanic at a Ford dealership look after my diesel truck. Finding a snowmobile or atv mechanic has been tougher.

I have a few sleds and one is problematic. It is a 2008 Polaris RMK 600. When I bought it, it had a turbo and that lasted one ride before going boom (turbo kit is in a box and for sale ). I purchased a Union Bay 770 top end for it. While waiting for it to go together, I purchased a Pro-Ride and have never got around to getting this one to run.

Last fall, I got ambitous and looked at it but there was no spark. It sat for the winter. I finally decided to get it done but was convinced no dealer would touch it or have a clue what to do. A custom install not running is a tough reapir even if you know what you are doing.

I replied to a kijiji ad. Randy asked a lot of questions. He also did some research before he came over. Yesterday, while I was at work, he came to my house and worked on it in my back yard. He started at the stator and followed a wiring diagram checking every component and connection until he found the bad ground. He got it running but it was rough. He pulled the carbs and cleaned them. Put everything back together and now it absolutely rips.

I was impressed by his logical approach and his dedication to detail. He is an ex sledder (bad back) so he actually understands these machines. Total cost was $160 which is an absolute bargain.

Since he is not a sponsor, I am not sure if the administrator would allow me to list his number but you can pm me and I will provide it.

Reaction score
I have not had great experiences getting service work done at Calgary area dealerships. The old saying that your choices are cheap, good, or quick but you only get two. In my experience, I would be happy with two.

I have used kijiji to find mechanics for my vehicles. I have a red seal journeyman mechanic who is a diesel mechanic at a Ford dealership look after my diesel truck. Finding a snowmobile or atv mechanic has been tougher.

I have a few sleds and one is problematic. It is a 2008 Polaris RMK 600. When I bought it, it had a turbo and that lasted one ride before going boom (turbo kit is in a box and for sale ). I purchased a Union Bay 770 top end for it. While waiting for it to go together, I purchased a Pro-Ride and have never got around to getting this one to run.

Last fall, I got ambitous and looked at it but there was no spark. It sat for the winter. I finally decided to get it done but was convinced no dealer would touch it or have a clue what to do. A custom install not running is a tough reapir even if you know what you are doing.

I replied to a kijiji ad. Randy asked a lot of questions. He also did some research before he came over. Yesterday, while I was at work, he came to my house and worked on it in my back yard. He started at the stator and followed a wiring diagram checking every component and connection until he found the bad ground. He got it running but it was rough. He pulled the carbs and cleaned them. Put everything back together and now it absolutely rips.

I was impressed by his logical approach and his dedication to detail. He is an ex sledder (bad back) so he actually understands these machines. Total cost was $160 which is an absolute bargain.

Since he is not a sponsor, I am not sure if the administrator would allow me to list his number but you can pm me and I will provide it.

PM me his name and number then, if it breaks some rule here. I've had the opposite experience on Kijiji, and have found people to be mostly helpful (and cheap). I'm never opposed to adding another resource though, and I don't know squat about fixing sleds... so this guy sounds like he may be useful down the road. I'd appreciate the info.

Top Bottom