Fort McMurray burning

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After seeing street after street of burnt down houses.

I think they need the money for more than just essentials. Long term as reality kicks in counciling maybe required and other medical issues.

It might take a week or 2 before reality really kicks in.

No one thinks they will need emotional support Etc.

This will be a long term recovery like years.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After seeing street after street of burnt down houses.

I think they need the money for more than just essentials. Long term as reality kicks in counciling maybe required and other medical issues.

It might take a week or 2 before reality really kicks in.

No one thinks they will need emotional support Etc.

This will be a long term recovery like years.

I totally agree with this statement

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends of mine lost everything except for the truck that they got out of town in. Their lives and the lives of so many people will take years to recover from. I could not imagine when they start to be allowed back in what they will face. Even the insurance companies say it will take 4-6 months for each claim. Winter is coming and lots of people have no home to go to.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Friends of mine lost everything except for the truck that they got out of town in. Their lives and the lives of so many people will take years to recover from. I could not imagine when they start to be allowed back in what they will face. Even the insurance companies say it will take 4-6 months for each claim. Winter is coming and lots of people have no home to go to.
Winter is coming?!? Could we at least have the rest of our spring, summer, and fall first?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Winter is coming?!? Could we at least have the rest of our spring, summer, and fall first?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
For how long it takes to build a house they should be concerned about winter coming. Spring/summer/ screw fall. Skip that go straight into winter.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like there is going to be use for all those atco shacks the oilfield was offloading.

I think as unsettling as it may sound with the amount of homes that went poof here some temporary living needs to be established camp style.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who owns the big camp racked next to the river outside Drayton but it would hold quite a few people. It wouldn't be home but it would be a place out of the cold.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend with my kids after they left Ft Mac and finally made it to the Ranch. A number of beers and bottles of hard stuff later aside from the chaos and uncertainty of it all things are good. The house is a whole lot busier and the dog hair is a mile high now and I don't give a rats a$$.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10.5% of structures were damaged in Ft Mac, so simple math says about 9000 people without a house that will need long term housing. I don't think this will be difficult to organize, I can also see some of those people offered a fly in/out temporarily.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For how long it takes to build a house they should be concerned about winter coming. Spring/summer/ screw fall. Skip that go straight into winter.

The hardest part will be finding city workers to get approval on all these new homes. It takes a long time to have plans drafted to fit the specific land size, plot plans made and finally city approval for the homes, not to mention inspections. And on top of that not a lot of contractors have Alberta new home warranty. Getting concrete will be a huge bottleneck. After they get the homes started they will fly up as there is so many people looking for work now.
I doubt anything will be ready to start until late fall. If you thought homes in Fort Mac where expensive and poorly built before.....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know if my house burnt down, Id take matters into my own hands rather than stay in some sort of refugee camp, but hey that's just me.

Maybe look into moving to a city that's not burnt down ext

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this Red Cross bull**** is disturbing. Checked their annual statement online. Last year they raked in 300 million and payed out 31 in wages and general. CEO gets over 300 g's per year. Slave Lake fire victims getting 2% of the donations made to Red Cross. The corruption these days is just staggering. Arrgggg :realmad:

Wife gave $200 to Red Cross before consulting me... I would have rather put $200 more worth of diapers and dog food in Buckies trailer to be honest with ya

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who owns the big camp racked next to the river outside Drayton but it would hold quite a few people. It wouldn't be home but it would be a place out of the cold.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thats Northwell Oilfield Hauling's yard I believe.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you also see when you open there annual report how many useless CEO,S and corporate MANAGERS work for them, no different then all the other non profit organizations in canada,never could understand why we have to pay someone to run a non profit organization more than the useless leaders of canada

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife gave $200 to Red Cross before consulting me... I would have rather put $200 more worth of diapers and dog food in Buckies trailer to be honest with ya
I gave 200 to a buddy t.j that was one of the first ones up with a water, Jerry can ect run to 63 and 881

Will not give red Cross sh!t, ever

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you also see when you open there annual report how many useless CEO,S and corporate MANAGERS work for them, no different then all the other non profit organizations in canada,never could understand why we have to pay someone to run a non profit organization more than the useless leaders of canada

If we didn't pay them they would go elsewhere. Then there would be no one to run the show. It's sad but true.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read a CBC article that Bonnyville is running really low on supplies. We have a ton of evacuees here

Top Bottom