Fort McMurray burning

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Last update while in Fort Mac. Cloudy and light rain.

Waiting for my flight home.
Hopefully the light rain will turn into a monsoon style downpour. Safe flight home Ray, get some rest and some beer. We are all very thankful for all you and all the other firefighters have been doing up there!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In less then 24 hours, the local radio station(s) and Saskatchewan have raised over $650,000 to help Fort Mac, and the government is going to match it.

over shot it a bit, turned out to be $641,000

take a read. People from Saskatchewan are a lot like people from Alberta, just east instead of west.

iguess overnight on this day Saskatchewan raised another $100,000.

dbeattie

Reaction score
Ok I don't know how the Red Cross thing works. When people register on their website. What do they get in return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been discussing this as well and a buddy found the above screen shot.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 6 day's I would like to know where the red cross is? Are they in charge of the
main collection point in Edmonton? If not, who is deciding what goes where and when?
I have searched pages and pages of the red cross site, and all I can find is info of the slave
lake fire.
If they are the largest dissaster relief effort org. there is then can I donate money so they can hire
a web page designer? Cause apperently they can't afford one.
Where is the list of how many shelter's there are? How many people at each shelter?
What supplies do they have and what are they low on?
Who is in charge of each shelter and what is their contact #?

Is the red cross going to do something anytime soon or do they need more time?
With 30+ million $ donated in afew day's you would think they could afford to set up
a information hub. (local one of course) Maybe they could call all of the radio stations'
within a 200 mile radius and use them to get the word out as to what is needed where.
Maybe broadcast ph#'s for people gathering supplies to call and get dispatched from.....
But hey,that's just IMO.I'm not a world wide org. with thousand's of employee's and acess
to ten's of thousand's of volunteer's and I don't have a bank account with 30 mill in it.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13124650_1067343669978724_5038533576617516732_n.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry just stumbled onto this thread!
Any fire fighters heading to Fort Mac from Red Deer or area? I just remembered I have 3 brand new piss packs, if anyone can take them up there and donate them to the Fort Mac fire dept!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe S&M could activate an Emergency page area for events across all of North America since it is our back yard of brothers and sister.

Any kind of fast response info gets the ball rolling faster, 45.000 thousand S&M folk can spread message fast.

Any-who,,, pal in Red Deer area took in family that lost everything. They put them up in their RV so they can have their own space to work threw the tuff times ahead.

Cost next to nill for this kinda support.

Pal Don

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 6 day's I would like to know where the red cross is? Are they in charge of the
main collection point in Edmonton? If not, who is deciding what goes where and when?
I have searched pages and pages of the red cross site, and all I can find is info of the slave
lake fire.
If they are the largest dissaster relief effort org. there is then can I donate money so they can hire
a web page designer? Cause apperently they can't afford one.
Where is the list of how many shelter's there are? How many people at each shelter?
What supplies do they have and what are they low on?
Who is in charge of each shelter and what is their contact #?

Is the red cross going to do something anytime soon or do they need more time?
With 30+ million $ donated in afew day's you would think they could afford to set up
a information hub. (local one of course) Maybe they could call all of the radio stations'
within a 200 mile radius and use them to get the word out as to what is needed where.
Maybe broadcast ph#'s for people gathering supplies to call and get dispatched from.....
But hey,that's just IMO.I'm not a world wide org. with thousand's of employee's and acess
to ten's of thousand's of volunteer's and I don't have a bank account with 30 mill in it.

This is exactly what I want to know too. People need money now. Where are the Red Cross ?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elysia Dempsey with the Red Cross.
Dempsey says donating goods is a great thought, but dealing with things like transportation and distribution makes the process far too complicated and expensive.
“Making a financial donation allows us to identify what those needs are and then appropriately provide the proper resourcing for them to actually be able to recover from this devastating event.”
So, the world's largest disaster relief org. Say's donating food,water and clothing asap after a disaster to the people
that need it is "too complicated and expensive"
I find that quite interesting. Soccer mom's, oil field worker's, construction worker's,and every other non disaster trained
person in Canada did all day every day for the last week (as soon as the disaster started) what the red cross say's can't be done.
Earlier generation's of red cross worker's would be sick to their stomach seeing what this huge powerful org. has become.
accountant's and paper pusher's IMO.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elysia Dempsey with the Red Cross.
Dempsey says donating goods is a great thought, but dealing with things like transportation and distribution makes the process far too complicated and expensive.
“Making a financial donation allows us to identify what those needs are and then appropriately provide the proper resourcing for them to actually be able to recover from this devastating event.”
So, the world's largest disaster relief org. Say's donating food,water and clothing asap after a disaster to the people
that need it is "too complicated and expensive"
I find that quite interesting. Soccer mom's, oil field worker's, construction worker's,and every other non disaster trained
person in Canada did all day every day for the last week (as soon as the disaster started) what the red cross say's can't be done.
Earlier generation's of red cross worker's would be sick to their stomach seeing what this huge powerful org. has become.
accountant's and paper pusher's IMO.

exactly. they can't get there cut from hard goods that will actually make it to those that need it.

Top Bottom