Fort McMurray burning

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the best forecast

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walmarts twitter feed has exploded and they are tweeting that they will now allow all donations onsite for AB, SK and BC locations. Thanks to all who brought awareness and tweeted to @walmart and @walmartcanada

Walmart Canada ‏@WalmartCanada 1h1 hour ago @Chad_Nattress In light of the situation in YMM, BC, AB & SK stores will permit fundraising specific to the Fort McMurray situation.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Walmarts twitter feed has exploded and they are tweeting that they will now allow all donations onsite for AB, SK and BC locations. Thanks to all who brought awareness and tweeted to @walmart and @walmartcanada

Walmart Canada ‏@WalmartCanada 1h1 hour ago @Chad_Nattress In light of the situation in YMM, BC, AB & SK stores will permit fundraising specific to the Fort McMurray situation.
It's too late. The damage is done.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't read though whole thread I sure has been said but I would encourage all to make an effort to contribute to the disaster relief, we all know Trudeau is more focused on selfies and the billions to refugees, but the federal Red Cross dollar for dollar match gets some of the transfer payments back to help rebuild Ft Mac.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it's too late

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Agree 100%,There is alot of working class good people that took time, alot of
effort to get a truck and trailer, make sign's and pay out of their own pocket for
fuel and expenses to ship supplies to wherever they are needed for these now homeless
Ft. mac people.
All walmart had to do was sit back and rake in the cash. But instead they turned down product
sales and kicked these good people off of their property. Using RCMP force in some cases.
60,000 people need food, water and clothing and Walmart said we don't care.

Could you imagine customer's walking into a store cash in hand anytime anywhere
and the store employee's and manager's tell them to get lost?
Very disturbing to say the least.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been another busy day for everyone in Fort Mac and surrounding areas.

We are not having a break and then work the night.

:)

As a resident of fort Mac, thank you, thank you, thank you for all you and the rest of the fire crews have done. We will forever be in your debt. For the love fawk, stay safe!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a resident of fort Mac, thank you, thank you, thank you for all you and the rest of the fire crews have done. We will forever be in your debt. For the love fawk, stay safe!

No problem. Anyway we can help during this situation.

I am out all night tonight. And probably fly home on a herc tomorrow when my relief comes.

If you need to know what thinks are like or have questions call me. 780 984 2497

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Fort Mac.

Ray

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not read this thread so don't know what's been discussed. I see there are folks who have evacuated the fire. I'm just curious if anyone has seen a Red Cross presents at the evacuation centers or anywhere else. I have not seen one word said on the media about Red Cross other than donate. Their website says they have people and stock on alert and ready to deploy. Have they deployed?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not read this thread so don't know what's been discussed. I see there are folks who have evacuated the fire. I'm just curious if anyone has seen a Red Cross presents at the evacuation centers or anywhere else. I have not seen one word said on the media about Red Cross other than donate. Their website says they have people and stock on alert and ready to deploy. Have they deployed?

I have not seen them in Fort Mac. Only Fire and Police.

Top Bottom