Fort McMurray burning

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are ok. No sleep really and very busy flowing water.

Today working on fire breaks in the neighborhood and tonight. All night.

I have seen some terrible things here.

I feel very sorry for the people in this region.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are ok. No sleep really and very busy flowing water.

Today working on fire breaks in the neighborhood and tonight. All night.

I have seen some terrible things here.

I feel very sorry for the people in this region.
Keep your head up ray, think of going for a sxs rip to keep ya awake

Stay safe

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincere thanks and appreciation to you and all the fire fighters up there arff. I can't imagine what you guys are going through up there. God be with you all and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
All day today Lloyd if full of truck's and enclosed trailer's filling up with supplies
to head north.Even with local economy down the drain, people are still doing what they can.
Good to see. I doubt we will see any help from the east, albertan's are on their own.
Albertans aren't on their own, local radio stations are having a full day tomorrow taking donations to contribute to the disaster at Fort Mac, so many people are raising money as well. But then again, having our prime minister more concerned about Star Wars day and "his" government ..... Yesterday I never knew what was even going on until I someone told me about it, immediately came into the forums to read because I know there's members of s&m who live there. Texted to donate when I read that you can do it.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little 411

13177479_10153365122716853_5843905997914013573_n.jpg

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to you and the front line workers fighting the battle in Fort McMurray. You and your co-workers are the bravest and truly have a noble calling. To stand and face the inferno that I drove out of, words can't explain. Celebrate every victory and keep up the great work. Above all be safe. Prayers are with you. Take care.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albertans aren't on their own, local radio stations are having a full day tomorrow taking donations to contribute to the disaster at Fort Mac, so many people are raising money as well. But then again, having our prime minister more concerned about Star Wars day and "his" government ..... Yesterday I never knew what was even going on until I someone told me about it, immediately came into the forums to read because I know there's members of s&m who live there. Texted to donate when I read that you can do it.

What I meant was I Don't think the "east" is organizing any help.IE Quebec,Ontario......
Im not meaning to be a jerk,but IMO the only thing Ontario and Quebec care about is
transfer payment's.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
We were evacuated two years ago here in Nordegg and they never let anyone back in for a week and the fire never even reached town and no buildings were lost so it may be a long haul for the people of Fort Mac

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my brothers lost their homes and my niece and her husband lost their home in Prarie Creek.
Sad day.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just donated to the Red Cross. Don't forget to let your company know as many bigger ones match your donation! Send your receipt to HR or whoever is in charge.

In Sobey's yesterday you can donate as you check out, and Sobey's matches you dollar for dollar! I put some in, hope it helps.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is displaced and coming to the Calgary area (Balzac) I have a Toy Hauler available for accommodation and lots of room on the acreage for animals. Also have fenced area available north of Cochrane if anyone needs accommodation for horses. Please feel free to PM.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where supplies are needed? A few of us were going to load up an enclosed with goods. Or is it better to give to Red Cross?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I meant was I Don't think the "east" is organizing any help.IE Quebec,Ontario......
Im not meaning to be a jerk,but IMO the only thing Ontario and Quebec care about is
transfer payment's.
Not defending that useless tit in Ottawa but Ontario natural resources is sending 100 firefighters and about 2 dozen staff to help organize and manage out there. Quebec is also doing the same. BC has sent firefighters, and bombers and even Mexico is sending up fire crews.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not defending that useless tit in Ottawa but Ontario natural resources is sending 100 firefighters and about 2 dozen staff to help organize and manage out there. Quebec is also doing the same. BC has sent firefighters, and bombers and even Mexico is sending up fire crews.
My biggest issue right now is, why can the Mexican firefighters get here in 1 day (landed last night), but the Ontario fire-crews not excpected to be here until Friday?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's very busy here. Out all night in a sub division. Got 2 hrs sleep and found coffee this morning.

Thanks to everyone who is helping out.

I am heading out again with our crew.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Possibly the Mexicans just showed up and Ontario is bringing equipment and gear?

Or maybe they have to have a union meeting and vote on it. Who knows.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
REMINDER:

Donations being accepted at Allan Dale Trailers (231 st and Yellowhead)

Donations being accepted at Edmonton Emergency Relief Services -- Volunteers are DESPERATELY NEEDED Here, please call 780-428-4422 to register to be a volunteer

Saturday @ Cycle Works West Open House, Charity BBQ to support Fort McMurray, also Food Bank donations being accepted now, lets fill all the boxes of the rangers in their showroom!

Lots of other stuff going on around Edmonton area.

Top Bottom