Fort McMurray burning

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You can text 30333 to make a $5 donation to the Red Cross to aid in McMurray relief.

My little sister works for Allan Dale trailers Edmonton and she is going to see about them offering up an enclosed or two to collect needed goods to go North. Right now the radio stations are saying that there is no call for clothing or hard goods. But there is a desperate call for water, non perishable food items, pet food, Baby formula, diapers etc. No clothing, toiletries or furniture etc being called for at this time

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wishing everyone involved in this the very best and please stay safe. It is very sad to hear the devistation that is happening. My family and I pray for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW doesn't even cut it.

Looks real bad up there as it could of been us in that situation. The skies are black with next to nill for air to breath little lone the many homes, business, infrastructure that is now gone.
Glad to here that the many brother & sister got out ok, less leaving behind the stuff that they once had,,, so sad in-deed.

Sounds like the 100 heath care workers made it to Edmonton since they we evacuated folks that were in hospital too. None of them got time to go home to get stuff since they we're at work, left every-thing behind at their homes.

Hart felt wishes to each and everyone.

Pal Lem

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty astounding how poorly this is being handled. Really feel for all the people up there caught in the middle of this.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
IF anyone is trying to donate in Edmonton and area, it sounds like we are working on something, but in the meantime, please take to: Edmonton Emergency Relief Services located at 10255 104 St (yes I know that's in the middle of the arena construction) I will update you all when we have our stuff setup. Required items: Baby Stuff (diapers, formula, food) NEW socks and underwear Water Bottles Non-Perishable Food Items Toiletries Thanks everyone.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Volunteers are required in Edmonton to help with sorting of donations at Edmonton Emergency Relief Services Please call 780-428-4422 if you don't get an answer please leave a message and they will call you back, as expected they are over run right now.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This government is fawked! They put our bush crew on hold? Not sure how many crews they have there now maybe have enough but you'd think they wouldn't care where the crew was comming from as long as they were comming, but to change direction for the time being I'm working with a couple local companies and the red cross and gonna try to load a trailer with supplies and need items and take them wherever they need it the most along with a tidy tank full of fuel for the people who never made it to the next town cause they couldn't get fuel before they left

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty astounding how poorly this is being handled. Really feel for all the people up there caught in the middle of this.
And just what leads you to to make this statement? Are you an expert in forest fires? What would you do different?

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And just what leads you to to make this statement? Are you an expert in forest fires? Go back to making your digs about Alberta oil workers, Greenpeace.
Hahaha it appears the post right above yours by a forest fire fighter supports my statement. Why are you so worked up this morning? And yes growing up in forest fire country means I have some familiarity with them. It is being handled poorly because they waited so long to evacuate that the fire had reached the highways, they have a severe lack of fire fighters on the ground, there have been big fires in similar situations in the last number of years and it appears that very little was done to mitigate the effects of an interface fire like cleanup of dry forest fuels.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha it appears the post right above yours by a forest fire fighter supports my statement. Why are you so worked up this morning? And yes growing up in forest fire country means I have some familiarity with them. It is being handled poorly because they waited so long to evacuate that the fire had reached the highways, they have a severe lack of fire fighters on the ground, there have been big fires in similar situations in the last number of years and it appears that very little was done to mitigate the effects of an interface fire like cleanup of dry forest fuels.
What works me up is the only time you come on here is to post some sort of a dig at somebody in Alberta. I grew up around fields and crops....but I don't know anything about farming....but I am familiar with them.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What works me up is the only time you come on here is to post some sort of a dig at somebody in Alberta. I grew up around fields and crops....but I don't know anything about farming....but I am familiar with them.
I think you may be confused. I have no problem with Alberta or the O&G industry. I have a problem with individuals that are disrespectful and feel that because they have some cash in hand can do whatever they want when recreating. I post about many things on here maybe you should loosen up your blinders.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the worse dam natural disaster I can ever remember happening in our country... cutting the wildfire budget by 15 million dollars!! Oh man. Thanks westjet for all action and no talk.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a FF but I can't see how there would be enough guys and equipment to fight a fire of that scale. The local department is equipped to put out at most an apartment building, not several neighborhoods at the same time....

Top Bottom