Forster Snow conditions

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drove radium to westside yesterday. it is in ok shape. not advised to take if you have a trailer.

parked at top lot. forester was neck deep on sat-sun, no word of a lie.

every sled that hit the second meadow was stuck all at once....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drove radium to westside yesterday. it is in ok shape. not advised to take if you have a trailer.

parked at top lot. forester was neck deep on sat-sun, no word of a lie.

every sled that hit the second meadow was stuck all at once....

Go any pictures or vids? If you didnt even make it t past the meadows i am assuming no one made it up onto the lake?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one made it past the meadow....going uphill was out of the question. Literally too deep to ride. XP's, arctic cats, and etec's stuck every where.....

snow was border line on the wet side so I;m sure it has consolidated now and your probably able to go anywhere. similar to coastal snow. wait 2 days and your good to go....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one made it past the meadow....going uphill was out of the question. Literally too deep to ride. XP's, arctic cats, and etec's stuck every where.....

snow was border line on the wet side so I;m sure it has consolidated now and your probably able to go anywhere. similar to coastal snow. wait 2 days and your good to go....

Saturday.... the lake should be awasome if it has not already been broke into.

Untouchable

Reaction score
Anyone up for riding Sat. In the Valley for the weekend, gonna take the wife and boy up to the Dog lake staging area on friday. The rain here sure settled the snow, Iam @ the resort in Edgewater.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be taking the family trail riding sat. also from Dog leg. if ya see a king cat and an old doo its me, say hi.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going up sunday. If ya see the green xp come say hi! most likely be with red/white 06 revx.:d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So our group made it up to forester on saturday. Snow was DEEP up there in the trees. Trail in was good but trail out was pretty whooped up now. After the end of the day it was pretty rode out in the lower portion, powder to be had in the trees in certain areas. We where the first and only to punch up onto the lakes, once you got to the back side of thunder water it was waist to chest deep. Whirlpool lake was the same thing, DEEP!!.

I gatta put a note in here, what is up with all the turbo 4 strokes out there?? all these guys do is sit around, stare, and look at each others sleds. Has owning at turbo 4 stroke turned more into a fashion fad rather than a sled ride? How does it feel knowing a 2 stroke punched to the top, or mayby i should say if you got a T-4stroke you stay at the bottom :d

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gatta put a note in here, what is up with all the turbo 4 strokes out there?? all these guys do is sit around, stare, and look at each others sleds. Has owning at turbo 4 stroke turned more into a fashion fad rather than a sled ride? How does it feel knowing a 2 stroke punched to the top, or mayby i should say if you got a T-4stroke you stay at the bottom :d

I have thought the same thing for years. For sure a few guys have them who can ride and ride good. But seems like more of a middle aged fat dude with lots of money who couldn't ride his way out of a wet paper bag thing

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forester is ALWAYS that way! Too afraid to try and punch t-water, you know on those big heavy sleds...they ROLL to the bottom a LOT faster haha!:d:d

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Midlife crisis sled.

Boo-erns!

I totally agree though, there's a few killer turbo climbs sitting there waiting to be hit hard!

Lets ride forester this coming weekend.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been puking all day in town, shoveled 3 times today! close to 25cms:d

Thanks for the heads up,meeting at the petro can around 9 if you need some riding partners, gold duramax with 2 xps on the deck and one on a trailer.:beer::beer:

vic

Reaction score
Was up 28th and 29th trail was groomed thursday great conditions .Road was plowed. Remember to deposit your trail fees in mail box if no ones there, heard club paid $2500 also for plowing the road .

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright, we rode saturday in forester (29th) and it started to puke mad snow near the end of the day. the snow was already half decent that day, had some fresh. we decided to come back the next day...

GOOD THING. blue skies with bad azz pow :clap2: awe yeeeeeeeah!!

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we headed up on Sunday the 30th to Forrester, it was my first time riding in the Radium area and I was really imipressed, kinda reminded me of Gorman or the back side of the Lake Louise ski hill.

Lots of fresh snow and very few people there, really nice cabins all over the place. This spot has a great variety of terrain for all ability levels. I also just got a dynamo joe clutch kit installed on my 2011 e-tec:d:d:d:d and she ripps even better now. Special thanks to "Mat" who rescued my sled on the side of the highway when our wheel flew off our trailer, and to honest people who did not steal the trailer on the side of the highway yesterday......

Attachments

• P1300017.jpg
    P1300017.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 227
  • P1300019.jpg
    P1300019.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 221
  • P1300025.jpg
    P1300025.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 224
  • P1300024.jpg
    P1300024.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 232

Honda619

Reaction score
How far back can you go in Forester from the lake. Thats as far as we have been and were wondering if there is much more past there??

Top Bottom