forester conditions

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there for the first time and like the area. One question about the road up to the stagin area. We turned left just before the mill, crossed the bridge and then stayed on the road 8 km until the stop sign. That part of the road was pretty bad (bumpy, washboard and logging trucks using it) When we turned at the stop sign, the last 7 km to the lower staging area was a good road. On the way back, we turned left at the stop sign to retrace our steps but wondered if we could have gone straight on the smooth road.

PTS

Reaction score
Is the upper staging area open to use? That is straight thru at the 4 way stop. Also, any condition updates for Forester? Planning on riding there Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Any info would be great. Thanks

Untouchable

Reaction score
I was up there for the first time and like the area. One question about the road up to the stagin area. We turned left just before the mill, crossed the bridge and then stayed on the road 8 km until the stop sign. That part of the road was pretty bad (bumpy, washboard and logging trucks using it) When we turned at the stop sign, the last 7 km to the lower staging area was a good road. On the way back, we turned left at the stop sign to retrace our steps but wondered if we could have gone straight on the smooth road.

Going straight would have taken you through to Wilmer and through to Invermere. That is Westside road, your best bet would to buy a backroads map book for the area.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knee deep, we were with the group from the CSC and took the west side road through to Invermere,much better. No trouble pulling our enclosed out that way.Only one hill that could be tricky but the rest is wide and plowed.

powder dreams

Reaction score
Anyone riding Sunday? Hoping to tag along with someone that knows the area a bit. Grew up in the valley but haven't been around in years. Probably can't find my way out there any more.

Hansen13

Reaction score
How's forrester looking for a ride tomorrow? So lost haven't had a good riding day yet this season......

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can someone provide an update on conditions? Are they grooming this week? Did the trail get destroyed by rain?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a warm week, but I'm sure they'll be getting the groomer on it before the warm up tomorrow. I'll see if I can find out.
Friday the freezing level is over 2000 and then cools down Friday night and then stays cool. Some snow forecasted for the weekend, not a lot, but some.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was 80ish cms on sun.
Roads in the area are skating rinks, be prepared. Temps in the valley were +7c and -1 at 7000' today.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dosen't the Glacier open tomorrow? I will be there on the 26 feb riding 27 - 5 Mar. May need someone to ride with till riding partner shows up on Sun.
Preying to snow gods for lots of fresh stuff.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions where spindle deep at best. Trail in is now showing some dirt. Lots of ice underneath. We found nice pow high above the lake but not much. Some guys blasted the catamount and said spindle deep at best with a couple deeper areas. Cops where out waiting for lost the day... I get it but sorta a dink move with 14hrs till opening. Mega warm, plus 8 down kW and plus 2ish at the lakes.

but Fawkin garbage everywhere. Picked up two empy Gatorade bottles. A plastic bag and 4 beer cans. Really!!!

Ohh yea cops are ticketing for not complying with glacier Rules, yes there aware of the back doors. Also littering and backcountry fires, bringing gas past has drop.

Top Bottom