For all the Ford fans out there!

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Ford guy but I found this quite impressive...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw1zdFZwlLU&feature=fvsr[/media]

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its hard for me to be impartial on this because its always been Ford for me i never broke any of my Fords all my Fords are on a 10yr plan and usually 300000
to 400000 k.m before there retired thats my feather in the hat

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn`t suprize me much that it beat the Chey but, very impressed that it beat the hemi:smilieicon_ford:

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its hard for me to be impartial on this because its always been Ford for me i never broke any of my Fords all my Fords are on a 10yr plan and usually 300000
to 400000 k.m before there retired thats my feather in the hat

I can attest to the fact that Graham rings every ounce of life out of his trucks.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm drivin a new 5.3 for work, I'll vouche for the fact it's a dog of a truck, worse than my ol 5.2 dodge..

woodym7

Reaction score
the titan would be sucking fumes and the new group of enigines in the new 2011's is stronger and will be pushing the competition around for sure

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned or leased many F150's all have been great trucks except VERY thirsty.I have just spent the last 2yrs and 40K behind my Silverado 5.3 4.10 rear.and have been saving 10-15% on my fuel bill.Glad too see ford finally offering some new power trains instead of flogging those old gas guzzlers with no power.It certainly took them long enough just look at the ford ranger,20 yr old tech.I will be looking at a F150 crew with 6.6" box ecotech for my next truck if it delivers as promised

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nice thing is that Ford will be offering 4 engines to choose from..3.5Ecoboost,5.0,5.4 and the 6.2 so depending on the purpose you have for your truck you will have a variety to choose from.

Jay K

Reaction score
I have been impressed by Fords' new engine, and I believe all other will have to go this way also to meet CAFE requirements. The fact it has current HP/liter numbers is a function of of the latest tech.
Regarding the test:
1) Ford motor broken in, others new with "green" motors.
2) What are the respective gear ratios?
3) Real world reliability is unproven, even with testing. What happens with cold, sludgy oil in the turbo, hot shutdowns, oil patch maintenance, extended idling etc.
Not trashing the motor, just cautious.
We have had other gas turbos with reliability issues with all.
ًI currently drive a '10 Power Wagon, after a 5.9 diesel, and many Chevys.
Never could keep a Ford happy for some reason, but sure am intrigued by the new Fords. Gas and diesel, Good job Ford!!
Just my 2 cents.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i hate to say it but the HEMI and the CHEV would walk all over that..

my old man took one of thoes for a test drive, and my brother has the 2011 hemi.

from a set of lights, on the green to WOT, the hemi walks all over it.

do that test when its not sponcereed by ford

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i hate to say it but the HEMI and the CHEV would walk all over that..

my old man took one of thoes for a test drive, and my brother has the 2011 hemi.

from a set of lights, on the green to WOT, the hemi walks all over it.

do that test when its not sponcereed by ford

I agreee. Have a magazine or someone like that doo that test with the same miles on all the trucks.
365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 420 lb·ft (569 N·m) @1700-5000 rpm

* 2011– Ford F-150

Ram 1500 Truck: 390 hp (291 kW), 407 lb·ft (552 N·m)

(both pulled from wikipedia) I dont see how 13 foot pounds of torque would make that truck pull up the hill that much faster.
Still pretty impressive numbers from a 3.5L though.
I'll stick with my dodge.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And good for ford. My stock 09 150 kicks lotsa hemi trucks at wot ( the wanna be engine not sntrue hemi) but does have tough times against some gm 6.0 and 6.2

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a commercial. An independent test would be more believable. Is it a production motor or the one made for testing and advertising (4488A). They could have had throttle limiters turned off, rpms limits set higher. All they talk about is the engine, not the settings of the overall package. Don't get me wrong, I think Ford is doing great things and there is a reason they have taken first place in Canada (without Gov bailouts).

They obviously are only interested in targeting the domestic market. Where was the Titan or Tundra?

I have owned a Ford, Dodge and now Titan. My favourite to date is the Titan and with a little tweaking she pulls!!!

Would love to see the same testing with all brands by an independent agency.

Good commercial though.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good looking truck and good idea on the motor my buddy in calgary is supposed to get the first platinum edition twin turbo truck lookin forward to seeing it run and what it does forsure but ya doa test that ford doesnt sponsor and usually the results are different just like the new 2011 diesel test that proved chevs diesel was the big dawg for 2011 and not the claimed powerstroke from the ford test. but I will back up the titan it is underrated in horsepower I know this cause I had a 2009 titan pro 4x sb crew cab with an air intake and walked all over my buddies 2009 tundra with the trd package so titan rated at 315 hp tundra rated at 381 hmm all over the 5.3 chevs and hemi's! good to see ford offering new motors seems like it is only ford and chev doing any motor variations wich is awesome! makes life nice when you have three or 4 different motor choices for a truck! Glad to see them competeting makes it real good for the consumer for the final product.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they need a real test on those there is absolutely no way of a 12 second faster 0-60 time over the chev and dodge maybe a second or two but not 12 they may have gotten 12 seconds by having the ford completely tapped out and the dodge and chev only at half throttle sorry but no one beats another truck stock to stock and that close of horsepower buy that much time not saying that ford isnt a good truck with that new motor but 12 seconds come on now thats so fake it isnt even funny! i heard these motors are running close to 1650 degrees :eek: way way to hot especially in a gas motor diesels (highly moddified) make around that 1500-1600 for short 1/4 mile and sled pulls they dont run that constantly that heat makes me really worry. hopefully it works good I like there idea of 3.5 w/twin but should have went 4.8 or 5.4 with either single turbo or supercharged seen there twins fail and fail miserably.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be nice to see how that v6 works. some big numbers they are claiming.
i would still go with the big dawg at 411hp. imo. no turbos to worry about
but what was it they claimed like 365 or something with a v6 twin turbo. sweet and they still claimed 30+mpg on the highway and 25 or so in town on the sales brochure we got back in november. the v6 is only a limited build availability not going to be alot of them around but will be neat to see if they keep it for a few more years.

Top Bottom