Fly Fishing

kathy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of good places to go fly fishing (lakes or rivers) western alberta or anywhere in BC.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of good places to go fly fishing (lakes or rivers) western alberta or anywhere in BC.

You answered your own question " anywhere in BC" pick up the BC fishing guide, it gives you all the info you'll ever need.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You answered your own question " anywhere in BC" pick up the BC fishing guide, it gives you all the info you'll ever need.

Pick up a Alberta fishing guide.."Barry Mitchell's" He live's next door, great guy, great guide!

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DOWNTOWN CALGARY!!!!!!

BIG Browns and Rainbows, I would love to float that river down to Carsland....

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maligne and Talbot lake in Jasper are both awesome flyfishing lakes

Electric power only.

Talbot is just east of Jasper and will get you small and very large Northern Pike on the fly. The lake is only 1-5' deep and its like spot fishing for bonefish, LOTS of fun

Maligne takes a bit more skill, but has great chronomid action this time of year and trolling streamer patterns with full sinking lines works well, but you must rip the line. IF you dont have a sore wrist and forearm, your not doing it right.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DOWNTOWN CALGARY!!!!!!

BIG Browns and Rainbows, I would love to float that river down to Carsland....

you will absolutly not regret going that trip did it with a budy 9 years ago cant wait to go again the best fishing i have one hands down :cool::cool:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Crowsnest area for a week end of this month. Will report back after the trip. Sounds like water is low and clear due to late runoff. Hatches are a little behind too apparenlty. Should be interesting and fun.

Anyone local to the area have a better report?

Top Bottom