Flat deck or sled deck?

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 183909View attachment 183910this is my deck on my GMC....love it....my sides slid out to 8.6 and I can haul 2 sleds or 2 quads.....once had 3 quads on it but the kids on sat on the ramp that slides in the back.....Im going to build a head ach rack that will have a cargo box above the roof.....I love loading so close to the ground and the only thing I would have changed was to make the exhaust come out the back of the deck instead of lower by the hitch.....they get beat up down there......oh and I cut an access panel above my gas tank to replace the fuel pump now so it is a 10 minute fix rather than having to drop the tank to replace.....man I miss my alum welder.....lol

I have an identical truck I rebuilt a while back that would be a perfect candidate for a designated sled hauling truck. Any idea how much this would cost?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been 5 years and alum seems to be stupid in price last time I checked! Even steel price is crazy! I would say it would be very easy to spend 3 g just on alum. And the getting things formed up. I had an alum welder so my fab costs were noting but im going to say if I had to buy an alum deck with slide out sides and lights and ramp, between 5-6 thousand but don't quote me! Seems like everything in alberta cost more cause guys have money! Also there is no one out there that would build a one off custom deck with every thought I had.... when a shop builds a deck they build it to make money! I build it to the way I want it with out factoring in "will that make me money". Lol. Just my 2 cents!
I have an identical truck I rebuilt a while back that would be a perfect candidate for a designated sled hauling truck. Any idea how much this would cost?

Farmer88

Reaction score
I had a deck built for my truck and I love it! My only complaint would be I wish it was a little bit lower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 414

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1423719190125.jpg stonewell bodies from the states does some awesome custom work they specialize in farrier related trucks but will build what ever suits your needs.. there product is top notch. This will be similar to the next rig I buy

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a deck built for my truck and I love it! My only complaint would be I wish it was a little bit lower.

The truck I just bought is the same, 08 3500 SRW crew cab longbox. Mind telling me who built your deck? and what you paid? (can PM if you want). I just priced out what I wanted from SLM in washington, and its 9 grand plus I'd have to find a way to get it here. I only paid 14 for the truck so that's too steep for me lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Plio's truck is Fernie's old one :)

This is true. Silver Lake Manufacturing, out of Spirit Lake, Idaho built my present deck (I don't think there is one in Washington as this thread seems to suggest). The one on Plio's truck was built by Rivershore Boats out of Kamloops. James has since moved to Prince George and I don't know if his company has the same name. He is an aluminum boat builder and builds a few decks for the winter. His work is good.

My new deck is a custom build (about as much custom as Mike will do). I took the box, tailgate, and bumper off my 2013 F350 4x4 Super Cab, Lariat, long box and sold it to a body shop in Kalispell (price was fair but not as much as it would have been to replace them). The Super Cab is great for my wife and I all our gear. I buy gas whenever I go on trips and don't carry jerry cans. Two sleds, two people and anybody else that is coming can look after themselves. I retained the back-up camera and the back-up sensors to install in the new deck. A sweet fixture and Mike did a great job with that. The ramp is skoocum and there is no wood anywhere. It is aluminum and I eventually got it covered with Linex as the aluminum was too time consuming to keep looking good with the winter salt.

There are extra lights, two tool boxes, three sets of SuperClamp hooks, and installation as extras. When I did mine the base price was $3500 US and the dollar was close to par (for once in my life I got lucky). I see his prices are a little higher now and the dollar sucks. Tough call. I use mine for summer construction and with the folding sides it is great. When I need a little more height, I have two sets of side rails (16" and 36").

I worked the installation in on a holiday and it took 7 hours for Mike to put it on and do the wiring. Coeur d'alane is a great place to spend a day. It you get it dirty or a little mud on it, you may get lucky and the CBS may miss the fact that it is new.

MVI_3411-1.jpg MVI_3411.jpg

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'll snap a few more once I wash my truck up.
how is the line ex lasting in your deck ferniesnow?

Absolutely awesome. No chips, no pealing, and no marks from sliders as I have the SuperGlides down in configurations for 2 sleds and a single sled in the middle. I hate seeing one sled on a deck if it is not in the middle. Getting fussy in my old age I guess.:D

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I lived in an area closer to my riding, a flat deck for sure. In the city where it is nice to have a locking tonneau cover on the truck for securing larger items while running around town all day a box is nice. Sure I could throw items in the back seat of the truck as well.

There are some great flat decks out there. Dan Adams one he had on his truck (google it as the thread that used to be on here I cannot find) is wrapped which sets it off. I think line x or ideally color matched powder coat would be what I would like to do and that is going to be pricey so it will not be anytime soon.

Oh maybe this was the thread https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat/79851-flat-deck.html?highlight=flat+deck

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You can get the Line-x color matched also; just costs more money and according to them the black stands up the best. Nothing seems to be cheap anymore and with the dollar in the tank there are not very many deals to the south.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely some nice looking setups out there, now I just have to find a price I'm willing to pay lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Definitely some nice looking setups out there, now I just have to find a price I'm willing to pay lol

I've had three now (two from Rivershore Boats and one from SLM). They have all us served well. The better half says the next one will be hydraulic........I don't know when she is planning on winning the lottery, but I'm easy if that is what she wants.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falcan Industries in Fort Macleod Alberta build excellent decks been in business of building truck accessories for years. Got a single cab one dually has lots of storage, work lights, steps, turn over fifth wheel hitch, etc etc. They do it all day every day. The are well known in agriculture and industry but I would give them a try. Straight up easy to deal with over the phone. Highly recommend them. Home - FalCan Industries Ltd.

Last edited:

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
If your interested in a Deck we have a all aliumium ( no wood ) deck and super glides and super clamps for $3250, plus GST built from Marlon. It's white powder coated though and 7 foot...Alberta Cycle. If I new how to post a picture I would, lol

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your interested in a Deck we have a all aliumium ( no wood ) deck and super glides and super clamps for $3250, plus GST built from Marlon. It's white powder coated though and 7 foot...Alberta Cycle. If I new how to post a picture I would, lol

thanks for the offer. The truck I ended up buying has box damage so i'm pretty set on a flat bed. Plus its an 8ft box.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Falcan Industries in Fort Macleod Alberta build excellent decks been in business of building truck accessories for years. Got a single cab one dually has lots of storage, work lights, steps, turn over fifth wheel hitch, etc etc. They do it all day every day. The are well known in agriculture and industry but I would give them a try. Straight up easy to deal with over the phone. Highly recommend them. Home - FalCan Industries Ltd.

Yes, they do great work. The drying rack in the Rolling Hills cabin came from Falcan. If you want information from Falcan, Brandon Dietz is the guy to contact: brandon@falcan.com

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bump for the guy who started a new thread in the mud pit about decks

Top Bottom