First Turbo

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to jump into the turbo two stroke pool this season. Went with the Redline Kit and super happy with the customer service that Dave has given me so far and will continue to do so I am sure. (just seems like hat kinda guy). The kit look great, but not much to go by in comparison. Anyway, long story short, what are you guys that have turbos doing for your Ave gas purchases? Jerry cans, drums , slip tanks...? need some ideas. Jerry cans are likely the route I will go for now, but seem like a PITA.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done gerrys for the last 5 years. this year i'm going to use a drum. All depends how much you use and how far you are from the vendor.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to jump into the turbo two stroke pool this season. Went with the Redline Kit and super happy with the customer service that Dave has given me so far and will continue to do so I am sure. (just seems like hat kinda guy). The kit look great, but not much to go by in comparison. Anyway, long story short, what are you guys that have turbos doing for your Ave gas purchases? Jerry cans, drums , slip tanks...? need some ideas. Jerry cans are likely the route I will go for now, but seem like a PITA.
i have an empty vp c12 drum from last year if you want it. Could meet you in red deer with it ? Free of charge

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an empty vp c12 drum from last year if you want it. Could meet you in red deer with it ? Free of charge

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I will let you know sooner than later when I can make the trip up the hiway. Cheers

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the part where some Snowmud goon brings up the laws on transportation of fuel in vehicles? I think we concluded there is a limit of about 200L of gas in portable containers in your rig - tow vehicle and sled gas tanks don't count towards it. This was some years ago, I might be remembering it wrong.

I bring it up because it can be a technicality problem if you go on a trip with multiple turbo sleds doing multiple days of riding and have to bring your own av gas.

On the positive side, sweet choice in turbo sled. A friend of a friend got a Redline turbo Axys late last season and loved it.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the part where some Snowmud goon brings up the laws on transportation of fuel in vehicles? I think we concluded there is a limit of about 200L of gas in portable containers in your rig - tow vehicle and sled gas tanks don't count towards it. This was some years ago, I might be remembering it wrong.

I bring it up because it can be a technicality problem if you go on a trip with multiple turbo sleds doing multiple days of riding and have to bring your own av gas.

On the positive side, sweet choice in turbo sled. A friend of a friend got a Redline turbo Axys late last season and loved it.

I likely will store the ave gas in my garage in the drum and transfer into Gerry cans for the trip west. Run a sled deck so the barrel is staying behind. Or at a buddy's garage in Golden. Thanks for the heads up though man.

Dave is a stand up dude that actually responds to texts and phone calls, I feel I have gone the right way. Supporting local and his sh*t just rips. Bring on the snow.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I likely will store the ave gas in my garage in the drum and transfer into Gerry cans for the trip west. Run a sled deck so the barrel is staying behind. Or at a buddy's garage in Golden. Thanks for the heads up though man.

Dave is a stand up dude that actually responds to texts and phone calls, I feel I have gone the right way. Supporting local and his sh*t just rips. Bring on the snow.

The challenge I found was not the transport but rather the purchase aspect in Calgary. I was close to Springbank and have bought many litres of 100LL from them over the last few years when the turbo-wife was running boost. First they would fill plastic jerry cans, then they wouldn't - had to be metal for grounding purposes. No sweat - went and got a nice clean 45L drum, and they filled that for a while until new rules again. Now it's gotta be a certified slip tank fully equipped with pump and fuel filter setup, so I went and got that :). Apparently some heli got filled out of a drum in tim-buck-fuk and went down due to fuel contamination which drove the last rule.

Now the turbo is gone so I cleaned the slip tank, changed the filter and it's my diesel tank for the truck and farm equipment.

Soon guys will be along to tell you 100LL is bad for the motor and you should be running a race fuel mix. heh heh....

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm paying 1.60-1.67 a litre. Both places are honor system, pretty sweet. Hopefully nobody screws that up. Look around for smaller airports, better pricing and no overboard rules. Feels a little goofy rolling up the tarmack up to the tank in the wife's minivan, and filling up Jerry cans lol.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a VP barrel on a cart and a simple pump you can borrow until I need it again some day. At the High River airport you can pull up right beside the cardlock pump. 100LL.ca

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a VP barrel on a cart and a simple pump you can borrow until I need it again some day. At the High River airport you can pull up right beside the cardlock pump. 100LL.ca

That's awesome James! I will take you up on that. I will give you a call when the install starts. As soon as Chris is ready, i think his old man wants a little input as well, we will get at it. Hopefully i can talk Blair into doing it in his garage....way better set up than mine is.

Top Bottom