First time Rider

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
My name is Jason, I am 36 years old, I live in NW Calgary.

I just bought a 2008 Yamaha Venture MP and I am looking to ride. I am new to this sport and have no idea what I am doing or where I am doing it.....

Hoping to use this forum and meet some people and put a few KM's on my sled......

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Calgary Snowmobile Club Frame Index

Check out this site, contact #'s for club executive are there. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Join up and meet some local sledders.

Already a member and been to my first club meeting. I was asked if I wanted to be on the mailing list but I have yet to get anything from them. I got a map of places to go but don't want to go out alone..... Besides, never hurts to know people from different area's......

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. This is a great place to meet fellow riders.:d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ever you do, hook up with some good riders taht know where you are comming from. Nothing worse than a old dog rotting a good cherry. Find someone that will take you under their wing and teach you the finner things of sledding. This site has a lot of good people more than willing to break in a cherry. Here's hoping that you can spot them and hook up with them.:beer:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hI JASON COPLE OF USE ARE HEADING DOWN SOUTH, ATLAS OR PIPE LINE ON TUESDAY, PM ME IF YOU WANT TO TAG ALONG

swayz

Reaction score
Jason, welcome to sledding! Do yourself a favour. Take an Avalanche Skills Training (AST) Course, get a Beacon, Probe and Shovel. Know how to use them! There was a tragic avalanche in Fernie yesterday. Sledding in the mountains involves risk! Good luck and have fun!

swayz

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Sled is running...... Running good in fact......

Anyone in the Calgary area (within an hour or so of the city) let me know and lets go for a ride.... Remember I am a newbie and looking to learn.... nothing hard core right this min.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Taz. I also live in NW Calg and just joined the forum to find people to ride with. I sent you a pm with some details.

Top Bottom