First service on XM Summit X

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a mandatory service to keep the warranty or anything or just a recommended first service?

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read the warranty. You must be able to "prove" this maintenance was done. This means a papertrail. My first service was $168 from my dealer. And we have the highest shop rates on the continent. Just bring it in.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin is the highest in the world, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took mine in for the first service at 14 hrs and 300 km, the tech told me I was only 53% of the way through break in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
what does this servive entail?

I have no idea but maybe track tension, chain tension, recall items like the dimmer switch on the XMs, and the good eye for any worn, loose, or broken parts.

There are 17 things listed on page 94 of the manual:exhaust system, coolant level, inspection fuel lines and connections, inspect throttle cable, inspect drive belt, visually inspect drive pulley, tighten drive pulley retaining screw to specified torque, inspect driven pulley, adjust and align track, change chaincase oil, adjust drive chain, check brake fluid level and hose, pads, and disk,inspect steering mechanism, inspect skis and runners, inspect front suspension, and inspect the rear suspension.

Last edited:
Top Bottom