Fire Season 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to take a side step on this thread for a moment. Looking for that video where the man is expressing his concerns to a group on stage about community members knowing of the fires before the group issued warnings. He was stating how the people had resources ready etc. but were not allowed to use them. Can anyone point me in the direction of the video. Looked around and couldn't find it again. Can't remember if it was from Fort Mac or from the Grand Prairie GPREP meeting? Thanks.

That was Grande Prairie. What all you outsiders don't understand is the situation at hand. Friday morning that fire was small and localized to an area near the Wapiti River, during the day we had wind gusts to 70km/h from the southeast and the fire moved Northwest along the river bank almost 5 kilometers in about 12 hours.

No intelligent individual was going to get in the way of that, or let some rookies with a water truck or a hoe that thought they could fight fire into the fires path. The first responders prioritized evacuation of the residents. They did ask for the publics assistance, and contractors with dozers and hoes with wildfire training were used to create firebreaks to contain the fire.

Due to the other wildfires in the province outside resources were not available and the fire was fought almost exclusively with local resources. In the end only 4 structures were lost to the fire, which is remarkable considering the speed of the fire and the sheer number of acreages in the area.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was Grande Prairie. What all you outsiders don't understand is the situation at hand. Friday morning that fire was small and localized to an area near the Wapiti River, during the day we had wind gusts to 70km/h from the southeast and the fire moved Northwest along the river bank almost 5 kilometers in about 12 hours.

No intelligent individual was going to get in the way of that, or let some rookies with a water truck or a hoe that thought they could fight fire into the fires path. The first responders prioritized evacuation of the residents. They did ask for the publics assistance, and contractors with dozers and hoes with wildfire training were used to create firebreaks to contain the fire.

Due to the other wildfires in the province outside resources were not available and the fire was fought almost exclusively with local resources. In the end only 4 structures were lost to the fire, which is remarkable considering the speed of the fire and the sheer number of acreages in the area.

Funny how it was the insiders bitching about the help being turned away when they were on site fighting the fires first before anyone else. Did you watch the video?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have announced on the radio in Calgary that they are out spraying the clouds for hail control. They definitely do stuff up there.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weathmod has rented hanger space in Penhold for years. They are a bunch of pilots with very special seats to hold their giant ‘nads while they fly twin engine planes into thunderstorms to disperse silver iodide in an attempt to minimize hail formation. Yes, they are funded by insurance companies. Why wouldn’t they be?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514_190619_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514_190619_Telegram.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 109

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Outsiders ?????
Seems like there is a bit of a shortage of “intelligent individuals “ in many cases. Been Many cases of able bodied, qualified , well equipped , knowledgeable , fully invested individuals who have offered the Assistance of themselves , their employees , their equipment , all they would have needed is one “intelligent individual” to organize and implement , and their fire fighting resource pool would have grown , and it seems it was certainly needed. Maybe those 4 homes could have been zero ?

Attachments

• 70E6356B-154C-415A-A79D-9EB83C0CE6FB.png
    70E6356B-154C-415A-A79D-9EB83C0CE6FB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • BF15ECC3-6F36-4DCA-94A8-808A57A56758.png
    BF15ECC3-6F36-4DCA-94A8-808A57A56758.png
    701.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like there is a bit of a shortage of “intelligent individuals “ in many cases. Been Many cases of able bodied, qualified , well equipped , knowledgeable , fully invested individuals who have offered the Assistance of themselves , their employees , their equipment , all they would have needed is one “intelligent individual” to organize and implement , and their fire fighting resource pool would have grown , and it seems it was certainly needed. Maybe those 4 homes could have been zero ?

I guess that's the beauty of hindsight.

If the weather conditions were different than they were, if the winds had been half of what they were, I'd be in agreement with you. I'm not convinced putting more personal and equipment in front of that fire would have gained much other than putting more people at risk. I feel for those that lost their homes, and whose properties will be permanently scarred, but at the end of the day everyone made it out alive.

The question I have is not why private companies weren't called in, it's why wasn't Alberta Wildfire leading this fire fight and fighting it with their personnel? That fire started and mostly occurred in the Forest Protection Area along the Wapiti which is Provincial jurisdiction as far as fire fighting goes. Why was it a day and a half later before they sent resources to battle the blaze?

There's lessons to be learned here, and a comprehensive list of private entities capable of providing support and importantly a mechanism capable of dispatching those units would be a beneficial thing.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think unless you have been sleeping under a rock you know that they seed clouds to minimize hail in thunderstorms. The insurance companies fund this practice and it’s well known. As far as seeding on a daily basis I doubt that happens. Anyone that thinks that the reason your luggage didn’t make it is because the cargo hold was full of aluminum and barium particles has been partaking to much in the inflight cocktails. Once again with any conspiracy especially with one like this to many people have to be in on it. The pilots, the baggage handlers, the aircraft maintenance personnel. It ain’t happening on commercial jet liners.
Yep and they can make it rain and snow.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that's the beauty of hindsight.

If the weather conditions were different than they were, if the winds had been half of what they were, I'd be in agreement with you. I'm not convinced putting more personal and equipment in front of that fire would have gained much other than putting more people at risk. I feel for those that lost their homes, and whose properties will be permanently scarred, but at the end of the day everyone made it out alive.

The question I have is not why private companies weren't called in, it's why wasn't Alberta Wildfire leading this fire fight and fighting it with their personnel? That fire started and mostly occurred in the Forest Protection Area along the Wapiti which is Provincial jurisdiction as far as fire fighting goes. Why was it a day and a half later before they sent resources to battle the blaze?

There's lessons to be learned here, and a comprehensive list of private entities capable of providing support and importantly a mechanism capable of dispatching those units would be a beneficial thing.
some of the ones who stepped up,were certified capable , read Jon’s post. Same in a couple other situations, the reason they stepped up was because they had certification in firefighting ! They even caused one operator at the scene who was actively working to stop , and then waited with him for their forces to show up , while blocking additional equipment the homeowner had enlisted!
Naturally everyone is very thankful and appreciative of the people who are working so hard to save peoples belongings, homes and animals, but the mindset that only “official or governmental resources “ be utilized , especially in an area like Grande Prairie , is very likely hindering the success that might be achieved , with better “intelligent individuals” running the show .

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, it is easy. Not saying that YOU can do it, but you realize stuff flies over 10,000 feet every day? If it was so concerning that it is changing wind patterns, you would think that maybe a single concerned group would have the resources to take a sample? Or are they too busy putting their resources into election fraud.
And "aluminium, strontium, barium" these have the ability to control the wind patterns for the benefit of destruction? Holy moly.
As far as chem trails go, commercial airliners do not spray chemicals. If Jay is watching some random airplane spraying ok, but commercial airliners do not as it would be the easiest thing in the world to confirm if they did.
They don't use commercial airlines. The planes that are spraying the sh!t don't even show up on your flight tracker app.
It's being done worldwide and it aint the Canadian military that's doing it.
It happens almost every day. The chemicals that are involved are not the things that are changing the wind patterns, Actually I think it's the simple fact that the sun is being blocked by cloud cover. You know how on a nice Sunny day that's calm, a cloud will go in front of the sun and the wind will pick up. Or maybe you don't spend enough time outside to realize that. Either way whether you think this is being done on purpose or not the simple fact that sh!t is coming out of the back of these planes is blocking the sun enough to create wind. If my property was in the path of a wildfire due to these crazy winds from the East, I'd be looking at the planes in the sky to blame, not some NDP supporter.

They test the snow and water up high in the mountains after a heavy Spraying day, That's where they find all the chemicals.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was taken in Leduc county today. If you think all that milky white sludge That you see all the time in the skies is natural, I've got ocean front property to sell you.
20230514_153317.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a9d13c0b98723ea453cb13fb2594f6cc.jpg

a8bc354b34abeb30b483885a990b1a91.jpg

Smoky in Edson this morning.
The smoke got thick lastnight from that Fire in Minnow lake, I had to blow all the ash and burnt needles off the vehicles and decks this morning as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a good dump of rain in the Red Deer and area...
West of Rocky Mountain House too...

The roads had a few smaller water puddles remaining on Friday,,, but the warm temps and wind dry'ed things up again...

The rain caught the tops of mountains in Nordegg in some spots
20230513_161550.jpg

Its normally dry on this mountain...

Snow pack is pretty much gone
20230513_142536.jpg

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the third week in a row I'm traveling to NE BC from Calgary. Fox Creek has been evacuated and guarded each time. Today it actually looks warranted. The pictures don't do the smoke justice.

Attachments

• 20230515_161158.jpg
    20230515_161158.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230515_155628.jpg
    20230515_155628.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom