Finally a picture of the 2017..

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talking with a local doo test rider who has been riding the 2017. No real specifics other than his opinion that it is a far superior machine to the 2016.

has neone ever said "well its not as good as last years model"???? Everythn new is always cool and better. I like the way it looks. I think as good as the etec is, a simple lighter chassis and new plastic wouldve been enuff, and release a bigger motor later on. Curious as to where they shaved all their weight from. And was there a need to go 165" from the 163"? Just a cash cow for tracks and rails lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has neone ever said "well its not as good as last years model"???? Everythn new is always cool and better. I like the way it looks. I think as good as the etec is, a simple lighter chassis and new plastic wouldve been enuff, and release a bigger motor later on. Curious as to where they shaved all their weight from. And was there a need to go 165" from the 163"? Just a cash cow for tracks and rails lol
Lots of guys preferred the 2011 M8 to the 2012 M8

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
posted this on dootalk and got a ulgy email to not do it again or no more brp for me.. Told them I got it from my Russian counterparts that did not sign disclosure.. And have a few more to show if they allowed.. No reply

they take this crap way to serous.. It's just a dam sled..lol

What are they gonna do?? Not let you buy skidoos anymore? haha

saskpraireboy

Reaction score
Something different going on in the S module area . Jackshaft above the throttlebodies . Oil tank relocated to the left side etc etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 334

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like baker could be real busy building skids for this big hp storty track and big lugs.. That's a lot of traction and hp for the stock skid.. Let alone throwing a turbo on it..

cant wait a it to hear about weight loss.. This could dominate poo for years

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That new 2 piece crank is cool, but still only 1 piston ring, and with that secondary injector an aftermarket turbo setup should be easy to integrate, maybe that's why its there, for a factory turbo later on. Ski-doo may have raised the bar with this, but i'd expect the competition to step it up too, i'd almost be suprised if we don't see another 900 out of one of the manufacturers in the coming years.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it should be easier to boost with the secondary injectors going into the intake.. Might need to break computer thou

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thirty percent more responsive hp.. They must of reduced the stator, crank, and primay a lot to get that

Top Bottom