Finally a picture of the 2017..

pcledrew

Reaction score
Thought we had a rap game theme going here for a minute. You gonna start recording?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that the oil tank is on the other side... maybe more room there. I hope they have a unit at the sportsman show to look at...

What you think ken.. looking at see doo with the 260supercharged and the maverick with the 1000ccturbo, doo has tested this new motor and has the turbo on the shelf ready to go if need be.. No need till another manufacture jumps up hp..

all the changes they done to this motor is exactly what is needed for boost.. A simple bolt on addition.. No more oil tank for a short charge tube, stronger rods, better rave value control, closer throttle body's to engine, add some secondary injectors, lighten up primary for quicker spool, new lighter, quicker injectors.. Stronger ring guide Pistons with steel inserts... Bet they have a nice open spot for turbo to mount right in as well

doo might even threw a warrenty on this and that will take out the aftermarket guys.. Losing a lot of cash to them over the years

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Displacement has nothing to do with reliability. You can build an engine as big as you want and it can still be reliable. Piston speed, clearances, oiling, cooling, moderate compression, etc make it reliable. A 1000cc can be just as reliable as a 250cc.
Displacement has everything to do with it!A number of years ago I did a tour of rotax in Austria, our guide was a lady named Bridgette Wagner and her husband was one of chief engineers on rotary valve engine. At the time the 800 ho was just coming out. Bridgette said at the time 700 cc was the magic number on small engines to control detonation and balance, as cc's go up on a twin this gets tougher and tougher. The electronics on the 1000 were complex and this engine was very succeptable to deto when the slightest of bad fuel was bought. As the cylinder gets bigger the fuel charge is harder to fill in cylinder and lean hotspots occur. That's why you no longer see these big motors. Triple cylinders are the fix but current chassis design is a piping nightmare! The oem will creep up cc conservatively or yes maybe we will see a turbo from factory to get hp up. Only when the oem decides turbos can be made reliable and we are a long way away in their view.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you think ken.. looking at see doo with the 260supercharged and the maverick with the 1000ccturbo, doo has tested this new motor and has the turbo on the shelf ready to go if need be.. No need till another manufacture jumps up hp..

all the changes they done to this motor is exactly what is needed for boost.. A simple bolt on addition.. No more oil tank for a short charge tube, stronger rods, better rave value control, closer throttle body's to engine, add some secondary injectors, lighten up primary for quicker spool, new lighter, quicker injectors.. Stronger ring guide Pistons with steel inserts... Bet they have a nice open spot for turbo to mount right in as well

doo might even threw a warrenty on this and that will take out the aftermarket guys.. Losing a lot of cash to them over the years
I agree Fred. Had a good visit with Neil at the Boulder lot after riding Friday and he loves it. TJ said he wants to buy 20 of them. Lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the new primary similar to the race clutch Baker has been using?

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they made any changes to the front end. In the bulkhead area. Any beefier parts......thanks.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baker and a few others been running the race clutch, it's been dam reliable and cools better than stock, also under 10 lbs.. We will need to see how this new one turns out thou.. Sounds like the crank stub will be different with this 850

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baker and a few others been running the race clutch, it's been dam reliable and cools better than stock, also under 10 lbs.. We will need to see how this new one turns out thou.. Sounds like the crank stub will be different with this 850

If baker got his hands on the pdrive than he has better contacts in the race dept than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If baker got his hands on the pdrive than he has better contacts in the race dept than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody was getting there hands on that clutch Caper. I tried to get one for Boost It and no dice. Baker didn't get one either. Only enough stock for race teams and test pilots we were told.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

a54c59b8550109701a075d0f5a83e757.jpg

This is the the new one.
Down by the fly weight pin you can see the clicker adjustments.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they kept an adjustment feature on the clutch. Now...........did they make the chain adjuster easier to get at and user friendly?Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they kept an adjustment feature on the clutch. Now...........did they make the chain adjuster easier to get at and user friendly?Lol

Chain? I was hoping to hear belt tensioner! JK Lol

As you probably know the bottom gear in the T3 Is 1lb lighter than a regular bottom gear. Not to shabby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Till we find out the new primary is lighter than the old race clutch.. I will be happy with the old race.. Been the best primary I have used, runing them on the turbo sled gives you the advantage for sure

Top Bottom