Finally a picture of the 2017..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my concerns as well on a 15 inch, but if they use a 3.4 inch lug track that will make up a lot of it.. And yes it's might be tippy, but let's brp did there homework with this sled.. They really never have lets us behind before

so if stock bore is 850cc, will we get a 950cc out of it after a bid bore.. That's not far off 200 hp n/a on a 550lb sled

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doubt full you would get a 950 cc as i would think that it is the same etec motor we have now with bigger jugs and different cylinder porting
and hopefully new connecting rods for the turbo guys

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to be 15" wide. No indication of that at all, you are all baned from complaining about it. The extra large porting is really quite dum tho. Lastly, if I'm being a Debbie downer.. Let's see how much hp a production 850 actually has. Doo made exaggerated claims on the etec, 163 I think it was.. And if anything, they actually had a couple horse less. You will not convince me otherwise

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doubt full you would get a 950 cc as i would think that it is the same etec motor we have now with bigger jugs and different cylinder porting
and hopefully new connecting rods for the turbo guys

Linderman has a 950 going into production soon. Based on the current 800

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha luv it!

Not going to be 15" wide. No indication of that at all, you are all baned from complaining about it. The extra large porting is really quite dum tho. Lastly, if I'm being a Debbie downer.. Let's see how much hp a production 850 actually has. Doo made exaggerated claims on the etec, 163 I think it was.. And if anything, they actually had a couple horse less. You will not convince me otherwise

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the tunnel has a beveled edge to line up with a narrow fuel tank. Might still be 16" wide after all. Would be better anyways.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:How many guys are going to snow check for $17000 and how many are going to wait till January and buy one for $12500 ?

if it's a snowcheck only I'll do that. If not I'll wait til the in season units are available or pick up a used one.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my concerns as well on a 15 inch, but if they use a 3.4 inch lug track that will make up a lot of it.. And yes it's might be tippy, but let's brp did there homework with this sled.. They really never have lets us behind before

so if stock bore is 850cc, will we get a 950cc out of it after a bid bore.. That's not far off 200 hp n/a on a 550lb sled

My guess Is your not going to see much more in displacement out of that than the current 800. Yah couldn't get more than 880 on the 800 cyl without running into issues.
If doo was looking to save weight than I doubt they would add weight with a larger crankcase and cyl, I'm guessing they just punch out the current 800 cyl to 850 with no mention of the etec 2 yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One year warranty is plenty. The worst thing that could happen is the motor would fail. The good news is that if this is a new motor, skidoo will offer a recall and replace them all anyway.

Anybody that doesn't want warranty.

Last edited:

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they gone to a 15 wide track does this mean they've dumped the T-motion?
As for clutching don't think direct drive would be good. AC Diamond Drive was a nightmare.
Hopefully they finally got rid of the garbage TRA or at least floated the secondary.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they gone to a 15 wide track does this mean they've dumped the T-motion?
As for clutching don't think direct drive would be good. AC Diamond Drive was a nightmare.
Hopefully they finally got rid of the garbage TRA or at least floated the secondary.
You obviously don't ride a Doo.

Top Bottom