Fernie

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone should have a beacon,prob and shovel. even if they have no clue how to use it.

I hope if I ever pull up to a fresh slide and the people standing/panicking because they don't know how to use there gear can tell me that the victims have beacons on.
Not only do you need to put the beacon on for you, you need to do it for other bystanders no matter how safe the area is.

we put ours on to ride the power lines behind the house, do we need to NOPE but its habit and I think it should be when you go ride.

Please just rent if you dont have one Guides Hut in fernie rents them as well as a few other shops.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't ride with any one without the beacon and probe and have been in staging area's and have forgot mine. short day that day was. loaded back up and went home. no beacons and probe/shovel no ride!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
............we put ours on to ride the power lines behind the house, do we need to NOPE but its habit and I think it should be when you go ride.........

Right on Andy. Yes, it is habit. When my bibs go on, the next item is the beacon. I also turn it on then! I could do it in the parking lot but I make sure it is working and the batteries have over 75% power before I get in the truck. Doesn't matter if I drive an hour or not, the beacon is turned on and left on While I am dressing. How many people go up the hill and the beacon is off or the batteries are low Batteries are cheap!

Whoever I ride with, I check the numbers on my beacon in the parking lot (how many are with me and have they got their beacons on). It is practise and habit. Also, if I am out riding anywhere and come across a fresh debris pile, I will normally do a quick search for peace of mind. If I go for a little rip in what I would consider a non-avalanche area, I still, out of habit, put on my beacon. What if on the way home I hear of someone being buried in another area that is close. I will go and help and I will have my beacon with me. Little slides on cut banks on the trail, cornice drops from above the trail, and little slab releases can turn into tragedy real quick and it is for the strange happening as well as the big one that a beacon is a good thing. It also goes without saying that along with the beacon is a probe and shovel; always!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's do able there isn't much fresh left but atleast you'll be riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone ride fernie area this week and can you unload from a trailer and get up in to alpine ok right now ?

Top Bottom