Fernie trip last weekend

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to pass on the experience we had on out trip to Fernie last week. One of our riding party had a clutch on his 2010 Summit start making noise Friday afternoon. We pulled the clutch when we got back to the hotel and found one of the arms that hold the pins and rollers was smashed and all the rollers were shot. One of the fellows on the groomer, earlier in the day, gave us a number to call, he said the guy may have parts. We called Gene Stephenson who owns Stephenson Paint and Performance in Fernie. When we got to the shop, Gene looked at the clutch and said the spring cup around the bushing broke out and that is what caused all the damage. Knowing were not getting any parts in town, Gene offered to loan a whole clutch assembly to our buddy just to get him riding the next day. Thanks to him, it was a great trip for our buddy who got to ride the last, and best, day.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing. Have not met him before. I will have to look him up sometime.

Last edited:

Jseime

Reaction score
A couple of weekends ago in Golden we had to do some work on my buddys sled in the parking lot and needed a torch. Went to NAPA to buy one and the guy there lent us two different styles of torches and an inginitor. Total strangers, never even seen the guy before and he didn't even ask for a deposit in case we just kept the torches.

Always run into this kind of thing with sledders and BC people, never had a bad experience anywhere, and it's part of the reason I love sledding so much.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome, so he just lent the whole clutch to your friend? Good guy!

Yup, just put it on the bench and said he could "rent it" so we gave him a credit card number and he said the total would be $0.00. I guess he did then have some insurance he was getting his clutch back! I guess it wasn't totally no charge, we brought a few beer with us and an hour later left with none!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great guys in that shop, and they always have something around that can get you riding asap. Also they have forgotten more about sledding then most will ever know.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to pass on the experience we had on out trip to Fernie last week. One of our riding party had a clutch on his 2010 Summit start making noise Friday afternoon. We pulled the clutch when we got back to the hotel and found one of the arms that hold the pins and rollers was smashed and all the rollers were shot. One of the fellows on the groomer, earlier in the day, gave us a number to call, he said the guy may have parts. We called Gene Stephenson who owns Stephenson Paint and Performance in Fernie. When we got to the shop, Gene looked at the clutch and said the spring cup around the bushing broke out and that is what caused all the damage. Knowing were not getting any parts in town, Gene offered to loan a whole clutch assembly to our buddy just to get him riding the next day. Thanks to him, it was a great trip for our buddy who got to ride the last, and best, day.
That is awsome.....I can promise you if you were in Sicamous and took your broken ski doo into the local ski doo dealer there you wouldn't get that kind of help.

Top Bottom