Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW looks fantastic. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to fabrication. What process was used to do the cutting? Water Jet, Laser or High Def Plasma? Maybe CNC router? These are the types of machines I work on.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person with my sled, lots of snow and friends.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! Someone has crazy fabrication skills........
Did I miss who fab'ed it up?
Mac, how many days till we are up there??

Turts

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It was designed by Brandon Dietz from FalCan Industries out of Ft. MacLeod. He mentioned, if I remember correctly, that it was laser cut in Regina. A great place to deal with metal fabrication, trailers, powder coating, etc..

I am very pleased and it adds another very cool dimension to an already cool emergency shelter.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are those the same guys that built your flat deck FS?
I can't wait to try out that drying rack in person.
Come on snow!!

Turts

No. I got my deck built in Idaho at Silver Lake Manufacturing. http://sledecks.com/flat-beds/
For the cabin, as the FSA is a local non-profif society, we pretty much got everything local other than some donations of course.

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way too early to start counting now. It really affects progress on the honey-do list when the count down officially starts.

WOW! Someone has crazy fabrication skills........
Did I miss who fab'ed it up?
Mac, how many days till we are up there??

Turts

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everything turned out really nice Doug, and I guess I'll have to make trip this winter for a ride.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that is badass fernie very nice. Hopefully the guy in the sled club who built the black steel one understands. Wow really a warm up shelter show piece

ARCTIC FOZZY

Reaction score
Thanks fernie show for the opportunity to design and built the drying rack.

It was a fun project to undertake.

I am glad everyone likes it.

Thanks Brandon

Ps: don't forget to get your snow eliminators for your pro climb and m series sleds before the white stuff hits.
They can be found under the chassis parts. Or pm me.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A couple of finishing touches: the MotorFist sign for the stove door and a wood shed!

Motorfist donated gear to the top hour volunteers for the cabin build. All were very appreciative, as was the FSA for the great jester. To have a permanent thank you and recognition to MotorFist, this sign was provided by Rotax_Kid (member on here and other forums) and mounted to the stove door by Monty Heather (a FSA member).

The wood shed is complete (some minor fascia to go on yet) and it even has a couple rows of split wood in it. Hopefully, the dudes that need to split wood on the paving stones and break them all to hell, will think twice in the coming years.

Once again, thanks to everyone who pulled together to make this great project come to fruition!

IMG_3301.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg

Top Bottom