Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The ride in today was a breeze. Rained right to the top and there is water flowing everywhere. It was like spring up there today; warm, sunny, and water vapor in the air!!

Window extensions done yesterday and most of another wall done today.

IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1617.jpg

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug this is an awesome thing that you do for the area and riders as well really can't thank you enough for all your hard work and effort am looking forward to more rides down there this year and am sure that fernie and the surrounding has been one of the best kept secrets around have free time from the 15 th of dec until jan 7 th and would help out in any way i can so if you need extra hands in that time frame just send a message buddie has a place in elk ford so being around for 4 or 5 days to help is not an issue

thanks again
blair

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug this is an awesome thing that you do for the area and riders as well really can't thank you enough for all your hard work and effort am looking forward to more rides down there this year and am sure that fernie and the surrounding has been one of the best kept secrets around have free time from the 15 th of dec until jan 7 th and would help out in any way i can so if you need extra hands in that time frame just send a message buddie has a place in elk ford so being around for 4 or 5 days to help is not an issue

thanks again
blair

You're the man Blair! I won't be doing much when I can't get there with my truck! It will be time to ride and sing with the XMX's!

Thanks for the helping offer but we could take the time for some riding. Keep in touch.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sure looks like a blaze king. Damn nice stove for a sled cabin! My folks have one and I sure wish I had one in my basement too.

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
Fernie, aka Doug. First, I live in Lethbridge and ride Fernie 15+times per year as its so close and do purchase trail passes every time I am out as it goes toward projects like this. Until tonight when I checked the forum I had no idea you and others were doing this...I would have loved to come out this summer and lend a hand, had I known. People such as your self is why this sport is as great as it is!!!!! Fernie, in my opinion, is probably one of the best areas to sled in western Canada. THANK YOU for your hard work and dedication to this amazing project!!!!!!!!! I would love to meet you and shake you hand and hell, even maybe sled together for a day or two!! Cheers to you Sir!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, aka Doug. First, I live in Lethbridge and ride Fernie 15+times per year as its so close and do purchase trail passes every time I am out as it goes toward projects like this. Until tonight when I checked the forum I had no idea you and others were doing this...I would have loved to come out this summer and lend a hand, had I known. People such as your self is why this sport is as great as it is!!!!! Fernie, in my opinion, is probably one of the best areas to sled in western Canada. THANK YOU for your hard work and dedication to this amazing project!!!!!!!!! I would love to meet you and shake you hand and hell, even maybe sled together for a day or two!! Cheers to you Sir!
x2..............great job and will check it out this yr.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That sure looks like a blaze king. Damn nice stove for a sled cabin! My folks have one and I sure wish I had one in my basement too.

You are correct kind sir! I have 2 in my house and a Valley Comfort furnace in the basement all from Valley Comfort in Penticton. They gave us a deal on a warehouse demo that we couldn't refuse (repainted it and put in new bricks and removed the glass door and gave us a stainless one). It is a beauty.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Thanks a bunch. It would be cheaper to buy a membership at $80 and have no charge for trail passes! If I can get Ryan tied down, I could have a membership book over there and all you would have to doo is drop into Mr. R's.

If you would like to get a tour or just go for a ride, let me know and I will be accommodating.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Thanks a bunch. It would be cheaper to buy a membership at $80 and have no charge for trail passes! If I can get Ryan tied down, I could have a membership book over there and all you would have to doo is drop into Mr. R's.

If you would like to get a tour or just go for a ride, let me know and I will be accommodating.

Finally met Doug in person at the Edmonton show this year and Doug you really embody the whole sport of snowmobiling and we are so lucky to have a select number of people like yourself who make this stuff happen. Thanks a lot!!! And on another note I am going to try and get up there this year so we can ride with pancake and your whole family! Hope the snow is piling up around that beautiful cabin!!! dave norona

Top Bottom