Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Finally met Doug in person at the Edmonton show this year and Doug you really embody the whole sport of snowmobiling and we are so lucky to have a select number of people like yourself who make this stuff happen. Thanks a lot!!! And on another note I am going to try and get up there this year so we can ride with pancake and your whole family! Hope the snow is piling up around that beautiful cabin!!! dave norona

Thanks Dave. It seems I have known you for a few years now through pancake. He would love that as would his brothers. I'm sure we can arrange something like that to happen as long as it fits your schedule. You show up or provide a date and I'll doo the rest. Even got a room for ya'.....

Snow at the cabin??? Would you believe 4 days of rain right to the top!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another up-date; half of the deck soffit finished today, the fascia and gable flashing finished on the outhouse, the interior T&G is finished and the wood box is also finished. Tomorrow will be the siding on the front of the outhouse and the remaining deck soffit then I'll be off to Saskatoon.

IMG_1633.jpg IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg IMG_1636.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not much done today as I was short of tools.........that's a real pita when one is sooooo far from my shop!

T&G on outhouse but I didn't have a wrench to remove the spring closing mechanism so there is a little bit to finish. The SuperClamp Hang-alls that were so kindly donated by Randal and Donald Bowman got started today.

IMG_1640.jpg IMG_1642.jpg

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent job Doug

You need a huge pat on the back from all 36,887 S&M Members.

But we better wait until you finish the cabin --- that many pats on the back, you might be sore for a while! ha ha

Great job, we all Appreciate your hard work and detication

Maybe we can get together some Tri-County Snowmobile Club members and drive down and visit you at the cabin this winter - pops are on us.....

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Excellent job Doug

You need a huge pat on the back from all 36,887 S&M Members.

But we better wait until you finish the cabin --- that many pats on the back, you might be sore for a while! ha ha

Great job, we all Appreciate your hard work and detication

Maybe we can get together some Tri-County Snowmobile Club members and drive down and visit you at the cabin this winter - pops are on us.....

Thanks but there was a great crew of volunteers and it wouldn't have been possible without them.

I am back from the sled shows and will be up today to see what the road is like and see if I can get tools in to doo a little finishing. Not a great deal remaining and if it doesn't get done, the cabin will be quite functional.

I'm all for showing peeps the area as it is a great place to ride and one of the closest prairie destinations.

Thanks for all the positive comments and everybody have a safe and fun-filled winter.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SEE YOU SOON BUDDY ^^^^^^ looks awesome cant wait to see it with snow all around it!!

cant wait

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Cabin sure looks good..Even bettter with the snow piled up around it..Three steps into the cabin,,and walk down a bit into the outhouse.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The drying rack, compliments of Snow and Mud via the profits of Mountain Mania V, has been installed and looks great. A great big thank you to the crew at Snow and Mud for the opportunity to host this prestigious event. It took quite awhile to get this into the cabin. The rack was finished last April but we couldn't get it to the cabin during break-up. All is done and here are some pictures.

IMG_2667.jpg IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg IMG_2673.jpg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks GREAT!!! Doug... this should save the furniture from the heat and goggles getting melted. Once again great job on the complete cabin

Top Bottom