Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What I wanted to say was I am looking forward to sitting around that stove with my daughter eating our Tim Hortons sandwiches for many years to come.

and then someone rudely booted you off the internet??????

I would like to sit around that stove with you and your daughter so I could listen to some old stories of yours.....some day we could even maybe share a nice rum and a few lemon garlic shrimp!!!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would like to sit around that stove with you and your daughter so I could listen to some old stories of yours.....some day we could even maybe share a nice rum and a few lemon garlic shrimp!!!!!
That would be awesome!

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking good pops!! what are you putting on the inside walls?How was the road up with all the rain?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
looking good pops!! what are you putting on the inside walls?How was the road up with all the rain?

Well, young fellow..........the road is holding up fine. The FSR is a base of heavy rock so no problem with that one. The last 400-500m on the dirt isn't too bad. It was well packed (travelled) this summer so it is fairly hard but a little greasy. It is starting to freeze up there and if we don't get a bunch of snow in the next week we will be close to finishing.

The inside walls will have 6" T&G fir.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm going to finish this wall in vertical 1x6 T&G fir with the outline of the Three Sisters along the top of the white board. It will be a feature wall to break up all the rest of the horizontal finish.

IMG_1416.jpg IMG_1586.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That will look great Doug!!!!

Thanks for the prevue at your house :beer: :beer: :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Gotter done today! (the feature wall that is............) a little trim is required but that will come one day.

IMG_1592.jpg

and a little snow in the hills............it is starting early this year as there was no snow in the area when we went to the Edmonton and the Saskatoon sled shows.........may be a great year!

IMG_1593.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friggin nice job fernie, but if ya did less hun runs and max posting ah you get the gist j/k. again nice job, something to be very proud of. kudos

Last edited:

Fan960

Reaction score
Doug, that is awesome. The small number of volunteers that have given up there summer to complete this project is amazing, the town of Fernie & Fernie snowmobile club is extremely fortunate to have guys like you on board.
Thanks, Doug & Wayne
It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Brian. Your contribution(s) will not go un-noticed either buddy. We'll have to ride a little more this winter. There was 8" of snow up there today. It is coming early this year.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ferniesnow is buying!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friggen cabin is going to ruin a nice play area that people always used to ride right past :p

haha nice work Doug, sorry we didn't get out for another trip to help out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A clean-up day today and a few more boards on a wall. Yesterday, we finished the ceiling and installed all the doors and glass.

The snow is building and we had 8" or 20cm on the ground yesterday and it was snowing hard on the way down. It may be an interesting drive this morning.........

PS......this will be the last work day until after the Edmonton sled show.

IMG_1595.jpg IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg IMG_1601.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There will not be anything done for the next week as I am at the sled show spreading the word about our little piece of heaven!

Funny how that work on the cabin thing goes?????????

Top Bottom