fernie snow

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right On!
There was a break in the high cloud a bit ago...nothing but white up there outside Radium!
'Panodude' says snow at Panorama...
Snow on Kicking Horse resort web cam...

It's coming....:d:d:d

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche season is upon us. Some skiiers went for a ride on Fernie ski hill this weekened. No one was hurt.There are a couple of reactive crusts down there.

Attachments

• IMG_1143[1].jpg
    IMG_1143[1].jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 542

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it was skiier triggered. I'm basing this on a radio report from last week, and my memory could have fogged since.

Looks to be right above face lift. that area is closed constantly during the dead of winter, wonder why people would think it's safe now.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bye the looks of the hwy cams fernie was getting good snow tonight.And bye the weather report should be good next weekend.Hope sooooooo.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out that way all weekend. Our tracks were half filled in when we went back on sunday. Some great turns to be had on the shredstick(s) and some fun to be had burning gas.

Things are shaping up.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Hey foothills, me and the wife are heading up to my buddies in pincher friday night and then going to ride corbin saturday. U in for a ride. I think it will be real good. I know some secret stashes that i bet no one has been into yet.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya team dirt that should work.U going from corbin townsite.All i have to do is load sled,hope we get the 5-10 cm they calling for on thursday night will make loading better.What time u thinking for sat am.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they had any rain in the Fernie/Sparwood area I would expect it to be pretty rough going. Last weekend the pipeline still had lots of landmines. Up past Wranglers and into the Notch was pretty thin in places as well. I'll wait until Saturday night to see how the Saturday rides were.

Top Bottom