Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s hoping the forecast changes soon! Hoping to make a multi day trip to fernie before too too long!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Had the shovel out a few times today. Just lacking in a little talent......

IMG_4814.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A good base is forming alright. The crap from the cold weather is still there hanging around the bottom.

The snow started to be sticky Friday afternoon and it was quite warm at elevation yesterday, so ya' the top 30 cm is starting to get heavy and solidify.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Guys are bitching about the price of grooming with the Fernie Snowmobile Association....................$25/day for a trail pass!

You can ride for $12/day if you take into consideration the complimentary starter order of wings at BP. After you are down off the mountain, take the trail pass to BP's for beers and start with your favourite wings. A good deal with the FSA and BP making Fernie a great place to sled.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of these clowns bitching about trail fees are really pinching pennies in the wrong areas.

Also that is a wicked set up with a local restaurant.

Hoping to be Fernie bound next set of days off...

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys are bitching about the price of grooming with the Fernie Snowmobile Association....................$25/day for a trail pass!

You can ride for $12/day if you take into consideration the complimentary starter order of wings at BP. After you are down off the mountain, take the trail pass to BP's for beers and start with your favourite wings. A good deal with the FSA and BP making Fernie a great place to sled.

If you can afford a 15-20 thousand dollar sled you can afford the 25$ trail pass for a nice groomed trail. The club is doing a great job so far this year with the grooming.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the people complaining are also using the 2 cabins that were so great to be in when it was stinken cold last week. Both cabins have lots of firewood

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford a 15-20 thousand dollar sled you can afford the 25$ trail pass for a nice groomed trail. The club is doing a great job so far this year with the grooming.
Does this include showing your annual trail pass also?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen that before pull into parking lot with 80000 truck and trailer full of sleds worth 70000 and bitch about a trail pass or how the parking lot is kept because they got stuck with their lifted truck with 35 inch sh$t tires

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another great day today. New area and probed 180 cm. 20 cm slab on top of the old stuff. Whomphing today (snow settling with the weight of the sled) and saw the slabs breaking away.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now I know why I see you parked at BP's so often!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The base is coming along nicely. Another storm and hazards should be very manageable. The stump on the ski was just a gentle touch to knock the snow off and low and behold.........

IMG_1838.jpg

A wind blown log just under the surface with no indication on the top of the snow.....

IMG_1835.jpg

ProRmk800

Reaction score
What is the parking like for a 4 place trailer at morrissey and coal creek staging area this year? Last year morrissey was pretty tight when coal creek was closed.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha...............the deal is for day passes. Club members are not included.
How's slide activity with the slab on top doug?
Also. Pretty fun to run into you the other day thanks for being such a stand up guy. Appreciate all the inputs and reports you give for every one on here.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is the parking like for a 4 place trailer at morrissey and coal creek staging area this year? Last year morrissey was pretty tight when coal creek was closed.

No problem. Lots of room if you are early. Road parking in Coal Creek if you belong to the "nooner club".

Haven't staged at Morrissey this year but I don't see it as a problem either.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How's slide activity with the slab on top doug?
Also. Pretty fun to run into you the other day thanks for being such a stand up guy. Appreciate all the inputs and reports you give for every one on here.

We ride in mellow areas and slides aren't really a big deal. Still being aware just the same and that is how I noticed the small slabs as they broke out from ski cuts.

Yes, that unplanned meeting was comical. Who would have thought that after giving directions on here that we would meeting in the ol' Wranger's cabin? Great to put a face to a name and if you want a tour some day just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom