Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boo-urns.

I can't come down for another couple weeks but it'd be nice to see a reload!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw on facebook a sledder died in the little sand area. no other details

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nobody around here lies but don't go looking for an honest Liberal these days!!

Graham, one of the weather forecasters has in their 14 day forecast; 7 days with less than 1 cm, 1 day with ~5 cm, 2 days with 1-3 cm, and 4 days with 30 or 40% chance of snow. It is disgusting.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Graham, one of the weather forecasters has in their 14 day forecast; 7 days with less than 1 cm, 1 day with ~5 cm, 2 days with 1-3 cm, and 4 days with 30 or 40% chance of snow. It is disgusting.
What you gonna do when all that stuff is puking!

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather network is known as the false hope forecast around here... haha

ab184cd9117cd8429e8cd19aa0eb330d.jpg

Fernie factor in full effect, play safe out there today

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I'm just bugging ya. I couldn't ride this weekend anyway but I hope y'all get out there and have a blast!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You need a new forecaster to follow.

We had a heavy snowfall warning for a little further west since early yesterday and you could see the radar was going to dump starting early yesterday afternoon. Looks like it was accurate.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a new forecaster to follow.

We had a heavy snowfall warning for a little further west since early yesterday and you could see the radar was going to dump starting early yesterday afternoon. Looks like it was accurate.

Curious what site you use? I watch weather network, accuweather and snow forecast. So far this year snow forecast has been most accurate but none of them forecast this one coming.
Hoping March holds the best snow of the year!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
50 cm at the ski hill study plot...only around 10 cm in town. Hard to say if any other areas besides the hill got hit that hard.

At the top of Summit Trail there was 10 cm and a little more the higher up one went. We found some places with 30 cm. The open places were hit with wind and the quiet trees were the best. We had a great day in the trees. Pictures to follow.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what site you use? I watch weather network, accuweather and snow forecast. So far this year snow forecast has been most accurate but none of them forecast this one coming.
Hoping March holds the best snow of the year!

I use a combination of snowforecast, ski hills, enviro canada, drive bc, and a couple of others and have been doing so for a number of years and based on what they report and what actually occurs I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. Of course there are always those days you can be greatly disappointed or just blown away.

Top Bottom