Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just cash for the trail passes. I would stage at Morrissey unless they have groomed the first 6 km of coal creek. Have not been grooming that section due to the avalanche rating being above considerable for the last week.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode last couple days, had good snow and no tracks, stayed south of China wall..

trail system was all gromed and cabins well set up well, good job Fernie sled club, donation will be made..

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to go south of China wall a couple of weeks ago ...couldn’t see for **** and hit a bit of stuff. Never quite made it there.

Sounds like you had a good ride.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the notch left, then down, cross the small creek climb to top, fall of back side, then two mountain ranges back, entire area was untouched for two days we were there, all levels of riding, came up to logeploe Rd..we have in the past went down both the y drainages follow river to barns ranch, then you can jump back to pipeline, or head over to cuttscabin and come out at Corbin, or go to Harvey or cash creek

So no rain up top today?? So you went to the notch and then left up over the saddle?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you come out at the 38.5 km bridge on the lodgepole?

We’ve gone pretty far south but never all the way to lodgepole road.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never rode today, others did, said deep snow at 5900'+! raining like hell in town this moring thou.. Heard thirty cm up on ski hill, I rode to previous day's

not sure about the Brige, we never hit actual Rd this time, will check it up on Gps when we get back thou

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the notch left, then down, cross the small creek climb to top, fall of back side, then two mountain ranges back, entire area was untouched for two days we were there, all levels of riding, came up to logeploe Rd..we have in the past went down both the y drainages follow river to barns ranch, then you can jump back to pipeline, or head over to cuttscabin and come out at Corbin, or go to Harvey or cash creek
That sounds like quite a hike through there. I'm going to have to try this sometime.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Found some untracked today but a re-load is in order. A couple flatlanders enjoying some "sledshed" shrimp today......

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds like quite a hike through there. I'm going to have to try this sometime.

ya we found it back in the late 80s, from barns ranch you jump west to river and follow it, their is a second hunters cabin a 1/3 way up on high bank side, from there it gets western for awhile with lots of water skipping and bouncing of banks, once your almost there, you have a few uglys to get threw trees off bank, you have two water passages to take, either will get you there but the south or left pass is less technical, good three hr ride from barns..

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya we found it back in the late 80s, from barns ranch you jump west to river and follow it, their is a second hunters cabin a 1/3 way up on high bank side, from there it gets western for awhile with lots of water skipping and bouncing of banks, once your almost there, you have a few uglys to get threw trees off bank, you have two water passages to take, either will get you there but the south or left pass is less technical, good three hr ride from barns..
Tried it a week ago and need more snow

Top Bottom