Fernie conditions 2014/15

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to head out that way this weekend? Was up Sand Creek last weekend, and it's pretty tracked up in the common areas. Haven't been that way but if it's worth it to make a trip and explore I'd like to give it a shot!

I was just there on Saturday, only enough snow to cover ski tips maybe a bit better. And we were off the beaten path, no tracks at all. But still had a little fun. Could use a lot more snow, but was worth getting out for a ride.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to head out that way this weekend? Was up Sand Creek last weekend, and it's pretty tracked up in the common areas. Haven't been that way but if it's worth it to make a trip and explore I'd like to give it a shot!
Sand creek or little sands?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just there on Saturday, only enough snow to cover ski tips maybe a bit better. And we were off the beaten path, no tracks at all. But still had a little fun. Could use a lot more snow, but was worth getting out for a ride.

In the trees we probed 4 to 5'. We were suprised at it seemed like much more. Jump off the sled and you easily sunk past your knees. In the meadows there is definitely an ice crust, but not in the trees.

If you don't know how to look for snow, you'll be disappointed. If your not willing to scuff up your sled, you'll be disappointed.

As for snow just over ski tips... We had a 174 T3 along, and he was stuck several times....

Hansen13

Reaction score

Thanks man, guess we'll check it out and see!

Dlo

Reaction score
A few of us comming down riding sunday monday, first time riding in the area, wher too goo??

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421460209.834168.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421460223.000492.jpg
Another solid day of riding today, hooked up with lucky7 for the first time this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And every one is saying there is no snow! Thinking I'll have to head that way mid week next week! Can't handle all the heat here in calgary this week!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no snow here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By comparative standards though, there really isn't much snow this year. By now there's usually well over 2m, and the SWE values are right around 400 mm. This year they are at 250mm. These are snow water values so not snow depth but the conversion is relatively easy. Ski hill is reporting 137 cms mid mountain, about the same elevation as the new cabin. It needs to start piling on soon.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there isnt much snow but there is more then enough to ride... we have had some great rides this year. we need a new snow fall to cover up all the tracks now, even some of the less known areas we have had time to hit since it snowed last .

xteam

Reaction score
In the trees we probed 4 to 5'. We were suprised at it seemed like much more. Jump off the sled and you easily sunk past your knees. In the meadows there is definitely an ice crust, but not in the trees.

If you don't know how to look for snow, you'll be disappointed. If your not willing to scuff up your sled, you'll be disappointed.

As for snow just over ski tips... We had a 174 T3 along, and he was stuck several times....

The guy on the 174" must be a pretty $hitty rider in these conditions, to get stuck!! LOL

turbodup

Reaction score
Morrisey trail groomed tonight,ready for the evsc club family ride/bbq sunday.The burgers and smokies will be getting cooked at noon so come on up

Top Bottom