Fernie conditions 2014/15

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sun finally came out!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420685732.697631.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420685760.531337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like an amazing day! What area did you guys ride bopper and SC 800?
Having rode that today I bet more of the same tomorrow! Have fun

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I staged at coalcreek. There was a slight crust at lower elevation but if you got up high and in the trees it was great!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone want to go for a ride in two weeks on my next days off? Lol hopefully conditions will only improve. January 22 starting my days off

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't go this weekend or the next but maybe the one after that...

Jvl

Reaction score
Still an ice crust out there. But the grooming is fantastic even know all the people left from the Hollidays. Keep it up, it finally feels like a pass is worth the money.

Reaction score
Maybe if we didn't groom the trials and burned down the cabins ! (Kidding) It wouldn't attract so many damn people and it would actually be a good place to ride . Just got home from morrisey and couldnt even get a parking spot . Coal creek was no better and has been plugged full every time I've been this year .
I'm a local ,but I'm starting to think there is no benefit to this . Gonna have to start traveling an hour is so outta town to get away from the herds of sheep that what groomed trials .

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to go for a ride in two weeks on my next days off? Lol hopefully conditions will only improve. January 22 starting my days off
Planning on riding Fernie on the 22nd. Will likely be an early day (early start, early finish) as we are off to Whitefish late afternoon (need to make the shipping outlet before they close at 530) for a weekend of bachelor party debauchery.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe if we didn't groom the trials and burned down the cabins ! (Kidding) It wouldn't attract so many damn people and it would actually be a good place to ride . Just got home from morrisey and couldnt even get a parking spot . Coal creek was no better and has been plugged full every time I've been this year .
I'm a local ,but I'm starting to think there is no benefit to this . Gonna have to start traveling an hour is so outta town to get away from the herds of sheep that what groomed trials .

If you just got home at 1:15? That would be like showing up at the ski hill at 1 and realizing that it is busy and then have to park a mile away! Early bird gets the best parking spots and smoothest trail I guess.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you just got home at 1:15? That would be like showing up at the ski hill at 1 and realizing that it is busy and then have to park a mile away! Early bird gets the best parking spots and smoothest trail I guess.

Or locals ride the local spots and leave the touristy spots for tourists. Haha

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Planning on riding Fernie on the 22nd. Will likely be an early day (early start, early finish) as we are off to Whitefish late afternoon (need to make the shipping outlet before they close at 530) for a weekend of bachelor party debauchery.
Unless i start driving after i get off shift on 21st i don't think we could hook up. It's an 8 and half hour drive to fernie for me. So if i leave at 7 in morning, get there at 4 my time, it would be 2pm BC time.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless i start driving after i get off shift on 21st i don't think we could hook up. It's an 8 and half hour drive to fernie for me. So if i leave at 7 in morning, get there at 4 my time, it would be 2pm BC time.
Sounds like we are on the same shift. I'm off on the 21st as well, but I just need to drive from Calgary.
Too bad. Not sure how much more I'll get out this year. Wedding is going to start getting in the way.

Top Bottom