Fernie conditions 2014/15

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like we are on the same shift. I'm off on the 21st as well, but I just need to drive from Calgary.
Too bad. Not sure how much more I'll get out this year. Wedding is going to start getting in the way.
Yeah we'll see how things go, depending on weather i might just leave after i'm off work, just get everything ready before hand.
Only one hour difference in time.
Oh really, forgot about daylights saving... You guys are all weird with that stuff anyways. :p

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Any good snow out there still to be had? Havent been out there in a few weeks.. Trying to decide between Revy and Fernie, Fernie is way closer for me.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any good snow out there still to be had? Havent been out there in a few weeks.. Trying to decide between Revy and Fernie, Fernie is way closer for me.

Chris, there hasn't been a lot of new in the last week. The popular and easy spots are tracked. Get off the beaten path and you will find some decent riding.

catlove7

Reaction score
Fernie is really low on snow on the flat behind the cabin there is only 4 feet I haven't seen it this low. The trail was great on the plus side hopefully it snows there at least another 4 feet

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard of the canage over the weekend again... So sad with burried land mines in mid January...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another t3 spindle from a dump merged object..

the t3 sure have there hands full with issues this year between spindles, hi faxes, cooling..

turbodup

Reaction score
I also seen cat a arm broken this weekend we fixed with screwdrivers wrenches and a roll of hockey tape

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was suprised how well it held up when we stopped to talk coming down on sat. He was able to ride it out no problem

turbodup

Reaction score
Yeah we were surprised too ill be packing more of that tape from now on haha

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit many many objects in the past, I'm guessing like many others have... But never took out a spindle

sounds like a new part to start carrying in the trailer, I was happy enought carring a arms, and ball joints

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As many or more sleds get wrecked in peak snow conditions as they do in low snow.

There will always be 'mishaps'. *EDIT* And regardless of the manufacturer, frontend suspension pieces will always be in high demand *EDIT*

We staged at Morrisey on sunday. Never made it to either cabin, found great snow. Probed 4 to 5' in the trees. Great base, great traction. Not perfect, but dam good all things considered. Far from the doom and gloom most will have you believe. As mentioned, the easy/semi easy is tract up pretty bad, but thats normal.

It's actually pretty sad, with all the big talkers, how far you DON'T need to venture off the beaten path to find excellent conditions.

People need to stop riding logged areas and stick more with the natural terrain if stumps are a problem.

I would think with all these super star 'tree riders' we hear about, conditions like what we have wouldn't be an issue. :confused:

Last edited:

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
As many or more sleds get wrecked in peak snow conditions as they do in low snow.

There will always be 'mishaps'. *EDIT* And regardless of the manufacturer, frontend suspension pieces will always be in high demand *EDIT*

We staged at Morrisey on sunday. Never made it to either cabin, found great snow. Probed 4 to 5' in the trees. Great base, great traction. Not perfect, but dam good all things considered. Far from the doom and gloom most will have you believe. As mentioned, the easy/semi easy is tract up pretty bad, but thats normal.

It's actually pretty sad, with all the big talkers, how far you DON'T need to venture off the beaten path to find excellent conditions.

People need to stop riding logged areas and stick more with the natural terrain if stumps are a problem.

I would think with all these super star 'tree riders' we hear about, conditions like what we have wouldn't be an issue. :confused:

Im with ya but I always tend to get side tracked when traveling to the fresh stuff.

Hansen13

Reaction score
Is it worth it to head out that way this weekend? Was up Sand Creek last weekend, and it's pretty tracked up in the common areas. Haven't been that way but if it's worth it to make a trip and explore I'd like to give it a shot!

Top Bottom